Corsair Community

Funny noise from resevoir

twoces

Okay, maybe this is weird place to be getting a noise from, but it is coming from the resevoir :confused: , it's almost like a creeking noise. If I get down close to it I can here the water sloshing around in there, but what's causing the creeking noise? I just got this about 3 days ago and it didn't start doing this until about an hour ago, any help would be appreciated.

Peace

I have the cool. When I filled it up, I primed the pump according to the directions, then I sat there for at least 20 minutes or so try to get all the air that I could out of the system, I believe that I couldn't get it all out though, but probably like 95%. That was my thought, about the air, so I turned off the computer, checked the water level, played with the tubing, made sure there weren't any bubbles in the tubing, there is a small amount of real tiny bubbles when I turn the system off. Well anyways, the distance between the creeking noises started to get further and further apart, and they have now stopped. So do you think they were caused by air in the system? Any tips for getting all the air out, other than just playing with the tubes?

sidenote; what part of Orlando are you from Wired? I used to live over at University and Goldenrod.

Just PM'd one of the WC regulars that will be able to give you better advice on burping it than I.

Yeah, I know the area. Graduated from UCF in 2002. Finishing my Masters right down the road from UCF.

Used to live just past McCullough on Alafaya, now live in Altamonte Springs for the time being.

I have the cool. When I filled it up, I primed the pump according to the directions, then I sat there for at least 20 minutes or so try to get all the air that I could out of the system, I believe that I couldn't get it all out though, but probably like 95%. That was my thought, about the air, so I turned off the computer, checked the water level, played with the tubing, made sure there weren't any bubbles in the tubing, there is a small amount of real tiny bubbles when I turn the system off. Well anyways, the distance between the creeking noises started to get further and further apart, and they have now stopped. So do you think they were caused by air in the system? Any tips for getting all the air out, other than just playing with the tubes?

sidenote; what part of Orlando are you from Wired? I used to live over at University and Goldenrod.

Twoces

do you have a good camera to take some shots of setup?

1)creeking can be the fan grill rubbing .....now is worn off (no noise). flip convex side around.

2) to bleed best have the REZ out of drive bay an lay case on its leftside(undersideMB) an have amate hold REZ level not to spill while fill plug is open while they keep it higher then case.

you then turn case all angles even upside down.

if was air inside the fluid will drop, place case to norm, fill rez outside(still higher),close fill then replace REZ.

Twoces

do you have a good camera to take some shots of setup?

1)creeking can be the fan grill rubbing .....now is worn off (no noise). flip convex side around.

2) to bleed best have the REZ out of drive bay an lay case on its leftside(undersideMB) an have amate hold REZ level not to spill while fill plug is open while they keep it higher then case.

you then turn case all angles even upside down.

if was air inside the fluid will drop, place case to norm, fill rez outside(still higher),close fill then replace REZ.

I'll give that a try, thanks for the reply.

edit: I'll see what I can do to borrow a digital camera and take some pictures of the setup. (I'm kind of proud of it anyway, I spent a lot of time trying to neatly wire tie the wires, and then cover them in wire loom. Came out looking pretty clean even though the thermaltake PSU has wires that are super long.)

Archived