Corsair Community

Are case models in a changeover phase?

Aelwulf

Hi folks. I'm looking at doing a new build, probably ordering by the end of the week. Particularly because my current one is old and trying to die on me (but not as old as what's in my profile, I'll get it updated).

I was hoping to get an iCue 220T RGB case, if it would work with an MSI Meg x570 motherboard and an i100 AIO, MSI Gaming X Radeon card, etc. But it seems there are none to be found? So although it's bigger than I planned I figured maybe I'd try a Crystal 680X. Nope. Those are almost non-existent as well and the ones around certainly don't match the price on Corsair's page.

Anyone know of a good spot to find either of those?

If those are no longer around, any suggestions? Might go the more low-key route instead, something like the Carbide Series 175R RGB Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Case — Black or 110R Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX Case if they would fit the components.

I currently have a Scimitar, RGB headphones, and mousepad from Corsair so I figured I'd try to keep to the same software. I'm looking at an AIO, fans/controller, and Dominator or maybe Vengeance RAM along with a K70 Rapidfire keyboard and a Glaive or Dark Core mouse (Scimitar is a bit much for my preference).

Thanks for any insight!

I don't think anything is in changeover phase, I suspect this is just part of the global shortage of all things due to this silly pandemic we are all suffering from.

My build has pretty much stalled now - can't get the CPU I want, or the RAM. Luckily just scored a second case so can keep myself busy for a bit.

I think you just have to keep looking around and when you do stumble across what you're after, get ready to have to pay a bit more and then wait a bit longer for delivery.

Just part and parcel of this world at the moment.

Hats off to those fighting this thing on the front line though. Respect.

• Confused 1

I was lucky to get 4 sticks of 8GB DDR4-3200 for X570 which makes the machine run well. reviewing my wishlist larger capacity memory are still brutally expensive.

My old black chassis looks much nicer since install the RGB fan for my CPU, now at least the AMD logo glows

Now to find a video card that has a logo that glows

I was lucky to get 4 sticks of 8GB DDR4-3200 for X570 which makes the machine run well. reviewing my wishlist larger capacity memory are still brutally expensive.

And they are getting even more brutally expensive since supply has dried up. The 3950X CPU I've had my eye on was $AU1100 at launch, but you couldn't get them. Now its shot up to $AU1400 - I could barely justify it at $1100, I'm not paying $1400. The 3900X will do me just as well I'm thinking.

Same deal with the Corsair RGB RAM I want. Now you just can't get it. Period.

And some of the few suppliers who usually ship to the Land Down Under have stopped now so I have even less flexibility :-(

That sucks if so. I get some will be out of stock more with all the work from home stuff but didn't think it'd be that bad. Even so, it seems odd the Corsair ones are out so much but most others seem to be in stock.

I did manage to luck out and catch a restock at a store about half an hour away. They had almost everything for my rebuild and did some price matching, I just have to wait on 3 items from Amazon next week.

I wasn't really planning on an actual build yet but I think the last supported GPU driver update I did for my card, along with the strain of running Win10 recently, was too much for it. Somehow I think a Windows file got corrupted so now I'm seeing if I can recover without reinstalling all together. :/

Thanks for the input!

Note: Specs finally represent the current one that died, for the most part.

Edited by Aelwulf
System Update

That sucks if so. I get some will be out of stock more with all the work from home stuff but didn't think it'd be that bad. Even so, it seems odd the Corsair ones are out so much but most others seem to be in stock.

That's really a minor part of it. Many factories in China were shut down for quite some time - right after being shut down for Chinese New Year. More popular items sell quicker and, this, go out of stock quicker.

Expect shortages to continue for some time.