Corsair Community

Icue and huge CPU Spikes - Fix inside

Danny_uk5

It's late and I need to get to work tomorrow so sorry for the letter as I've copied and pasted it from my ticket to the forum.

Dear team,

I am writing to you about the above program.

Since installing the Corsair Icue software, I am getting HUGE CPU lag in the form of the above program. I have attempted a clean install which seems to work for a short time only for it to consume 99% of CPU core 0 after 20 mins of use.

I have narrowed it down to the above "service" as I located it and stopped the service outright on my PC. Please see the before and after graph. As clearly shown, as I enable the service the process of core 0 shoots through the roof and after disabling it, it drops to normal.

After rebooting my Icue program, I have noticed that my PSU (Corsair 1000W) is no longer showing and my CPU usage is with in normal perimeters. I "suspect" that the service is causing an error. Further to this, the the Icue program was reporting strange voltages across the broad IE 5462689228 watts then settles. I should've screen shot this as it appears I have a power station instead of a PSU. Either the PSU is sending false data OR the program is incorrectly reading the information. I suspect the latter. And finally, and because I have my PC in eye shot, the PSU light for the link is no longer blinking red but now a solid green colour. I presume that the link/PSU is happy.

I know you have been plagued with this issue for a while and either the PSU type is at fault or the service. I have reported my findings to the forum in case someone else is having this issue.

FYI - Love you guys, love my new Corsair K95 Platinum RGB xt keyboard, me something something mmo mouse and memory.

Stay safe and kind regards!

Extra info - Please right click the program on the Task Manager, then properties, then right click the item and go to services. Once there, locate the service, click stop and then click properties and then to Start up type and click disabled. Please note that will STOP your PSU showing in the Icue software but it also stops the the CPU drain.

It'll stop a whole lot more than PSU monitoring.

It's fine if you have only "outside the box" devices. But that services also runs all of the "inside the box" devices - coolers, Commander Pro, Lighting Node Pro, and Lighting Node Core.

I had a brain wave last night - Based on the light bleeping green and red, I suspect that the polling rate might be set far too high and it consumes CPU power due to it. Just a thought!

EDIT - None of the above would effect me in any way as I do not have any of those items. However, it does put me off any future purchase of those items if this is an on going issue.