Corsair Community

Low Profile vs regular Mk2

RAMburger79

I've been using the low profile board with linear Cherry MX Speed switches for a bit over a week now, and while I like it, there is definitely an adjustment to be had. Practically any pressure on the keys while hovering results in errant keystrokes, and it's pretty easy to get sloppy with higher precision typing.

I'm wondering if the regular K70 RGB MK2 is like this as well, or if it has a bit extra resistance due to the higher height? I don't mind a bit of clickiness either, since this board that's supposed to be silent still has a hammering sound when the keys bottom out. Doesn't seem much quieter than a normal mechanical keyboard, and definitely not in the same realm as a laptop keyboard in that regard.

I can probably adjust after more experience with it, but a bit more deliberateness in terms of keystrokes would be better.

Any ideas or input is much appreciated.

A standard K70 Mk.2 with speed switches will still have the 1.2mm actuation distance, so it will trigger almost on touch. A linear red K70 would take that up to 2mm, so not quite as reactive. However, what you might really want is the Brown switches. That is going to have a more deliberate initial force requirement and if I were forced to take an accuracy test, that is the one I would want. All that said, after using the Brown for years I have moved over to speed switches in my K95s and a K70 Low Profile. It took a while to adjust and lighten up, but once I did a lot of the hand fatigue from long days went away. All of these keyboards will be louder than the low profile, but that may not be a prime factor and noise level is subjective.

A standard K70 Mk.2 with speed switches will still have the 1.2mm actuation distance, so it will trigger almost on touch. A linear red K70 would take that up to 2mm, so not quite as reactive. However, what you might really want is the Brown switches. That is going to have a more deliberate initial force requirement and if I were forced to take an accuracy test, that is the one I would want. All that said, after using the Brown for years I have moved over to speed switches in my K95s and a K70 Low Profile. It took a while to adjust and lighten up, but once I did a lot of the hand fatigue from long days went away. All of these keyboards will be louder than the low profile, but that may not be a prime factor and noise level is subjective.

Thanks for clarifying! I'll give it some more time and see if I'll adjust more. If I do switch to the regular K70 with browns, would my current iCUE

profile settings still carry over, plug and play?

Yes, all macros, profiles, etc. will stay the same in the software. The only things that usually require adjustment when changing keyboards are unique features (G-keys on K95, Light bar, etc). Once you have set them once, they are linked to that device and permanently saved in iCUE's profiles.

Yes, all macros, profiles, etc. will stay the same in the software. The only things that usually require adjustment when changing keyboards are unique features (G-keys on K95, Light bar, etc). Once you have set them once, they are linked to that device and permanently saved in iCUE's profiles.

I think I'll order the K70 with Browns and try it alongside the LP with Speeds and see how I like the difference, and then pick one from there!