Corsair Community

iCue setup clarification

Swi1ch

Hi all, i've spent all morning reading about iCue setup, including the FAQ, and my brain is melting a bit. I think i've figured out what I need to get/do, but can someone who knows this stuff confirm for me please?

I will buy three multipacks of QL fans, RGB Strips, and a Commander Pro. This will give me a parts list of:

Commander Pro

2 x Lighting Node Cores

9 x QL Fans (8 Used)

4 x RGB Strips

Two of the QL Fans will be on the AIO and will have PWM plugged into and controlled by the AIO. The remaining six QL Fans will have the PWM plugged into the Commander Pro.

The RGB strips will be plugged into one of the RGB channels on the Commander Pro.

Six of the QL Fans will have the RGB connectors plugged into one of the Lighting Node Cores. The remaining two will be plugged into the other Lighting Node Core. Both Cores will be connected by USB to the Commander Pro.

The AIO and the Commander Pro will then both be independently connected by USB to the motherboard.

Does this sound correct? If so, will all the fans be able to work in sync given that they are connected by USB directly instead of using the RGB channels on the Commander Pro?

Yes, that's correct and yes, you'll be able to sync the different fans. Keep in mind that some effects (sequential, infinity, etc) are only applicable on a single channel / Lighting Node Core - they won't cross between different NoCos. The NoCos will appear in iCUE separately and you'll be able to configure them there.

Yes, that's correct and yes, you'll be able to sync the different fans. Keep in mind that some effects (sequential, infinity, etc) are only applicable on a single channel / Lighting Node Core - they won't cross between different NoCos. The NoCos will appear in iCUE separately and you'll be able to configure them there.

Thanks for the reply.

When you say effects won't cross channels, is that a hard limit or is there a way around that? (For example using fan hubs instead of cores and connecting them to Pros, then into the Commander)

Edit. Ignore that, I forgot the LNP connect by USB and don't have an RGB link with the Commander.

Edited by Swi1ch