Corsair Community

Radiator Fans ?

AcePeredur

Greetings all,

User of Corsair products for a while but I am interested in the views of other users.

I am building my second PC , this time using a 1000D instead of a 750D Airflow case.

I've upgraded to the I9-9900KS CPU ( XC5 CPU Cooler ) and twin RTX 2080 Ti's GPU ( XG7 GPU Cooler ).

I am looking to run 2 x 480mm XR7 Radiators up front and a 360mm XR5 Radiator up top.

I have 11 x 120LL and 2 x 140LL RGB fans.

The 140LL's will be used as outlet air fans at the back if needed and 8 x 120LL's will go on the two front radiators in a 'Push' configuration and 3 x 120LL's will go on the top radiator in a 'Pull' configuration.

I have 3 x Commander Pro's and 6 x Lighting Nodes at my disposal ( five came with the fans ).

The question I have is ; Do I need to run another set of high static pressure fans under the 360mm radiator , possibly ML120's ?

I'm interested in your thoughts.

Having fans in push/pull configuration (which is what you are talking about) typically allows you to run them at lower speeds.

You might want to look at Zotty's Build Log for the 1000D. He uses, for example, PWM hubs to reduce the total number of CoPros and make managing the fans easier.

ML fans or any other with a wider and flatter blade generally do better as radiator fans. However, give the huge total radiator surface area you will have, I don't think it's going to matter much. I just spend some time doing both on pair of 360mm radiators and the difference was less than 1C. At that level, you are far better off selecting fan type based on what you like for visuals or in terms of wiring simplicity. The ML would need a separate RGB Lighting Hub and their own RGB channel for the lighting to function as designed. You can stick them into a LL hub, but they will act like 1/4th of fan and it's not something I recommend for anyone just starting off. It requires a fair bit of manipulation for anything other than static colors.

If you decide to go push pull, 2 x LL are going to be the same as ML + LL. Sometimes the using different blades can have some negative effects, but I have run this combination a lot and on the 120mm frames, it worked well. Need to be a bit more careful at 140mm.