Corsair Community

iCue update breaks video drivers

pjw_crsr

Just a quick heads-up. I just updated to v3.27.68. After the successful update and reboot, my monitor resolutions were off, and the center monitor of three was dark/inactive.

When I went to adjust display settings via the nVidia control panel, that third monitor was listed, but could not be enabled. (Just...nothing happened when trying to check the box, other than a brief system pause.)

In order to restore proper video display, I was forced to completely wipe my (up-to-date) graphics drivers, and do a clean re-install. Everything seems fine after that.

I was somewhat horrified that an update to iCue would actually break completely unrelated driver functionality, so did a quick search.

It looks like this has been an issue for a while now, judging by this reddit thread where the OP and six other posters had similar issues.

I'm curious what Corsair is doing to address this problem? This is...kinda bad.

Just a quick heads-up. I just updated to v3.27.68. After the successful update and reboot, my monitor resolutions were off, and the center monitor of three was dark/inactive.

When I went to adjust display settings via the nVidia control panel, that third monitor was listed, but could not be enabled. (Just...nothing happened when trying to check the box, other than a brief system pause.)

In order to restore proper video display, I was forced to completely wipe my (up-to-date) graphics drivers, and do a clean re-install. Everything seems fine after that.

I was somewhat horrified that an update to iCue would actually break completely unrelated driver functionality, so did a quick search.

It looks like this has been an issue for a while now, judging by this reddit thread where the OP and six other posters had similar issues.

I'm curious what Corsair is doing to address this problem? This is...kinda bad.

Huh. Interesting. Here on the official "CORSAIR USER FORUMS" I would have guessed that there would be at least one company rep whose job was to browse through forums and threads, and that after a week I would have at gotten at least one rote, low-effort response that "we're looking into it" or "that seems like something we should investigate" or...something? You know?

Apparently not. I guess I'll go waaaay the hell out of my way in the future to never buy another CORSAIR product, and to warn off anyone I know who happens to ask for recommendations.

Thanks for making it clear and simple, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯