Corsair Community

Problems with iCue and my scimitar pro RGB

StevenD1992

Since a week or so now I've been experiencing some issues regarding my scimitar pro RGB and iCue. At first, the problem occured every now and then, but today it's been happening every couple of minutes and it is getting to the point where its unusable. So the problem I've been experiencing is the following: I have my dpi settings set to 800 and have a red light attached to it, so when it's on 800 dpi, the colour of the lightning is red, when it's on 1500 dpi (not that i ever use it) the light is on white, when on 3000 dpi on green, 6000 dpi on yellow and 9000 dpi on blue. The issue is, out of nowhere, my mouse suddenly turns to the white light (1500 dpi), this while I'm for example in the middle of a game or just browsing the web. unplugging and plugging back my mouse doesn't help, the only thing that solves the issue is if i close down iCue and boot it back up again. At this point, this lasts for a good few minutes before this issue reoccurs, again seemingly for no reason. I tried uninstalling iCue and reinstalling it, but this did not solve the issue. I'm running the latest version of iCue to date (3.27.68) and my firmware for my scimitar pro RGB is up to date as well (v.3.14). My other devices such as my corsair k70 RGB seem to be unaffected by this issue. I am out of ideas as to why this is happening and am quite desperate to have this fixed, because as you can imagine, it is quite horrible when your dpi suddenly jumps from 800 to 1500 every few minutes.

Thanks in advance!

I had to stop using my scimitar for something similar. iCUE would just crash and take the mouse with it. I would have no buttons other than M1 and M2.

Honestly, if you can return it, I would. You going to be battling one thing or another with iCUE. Without the software, the mouse is useless.

I switched to a Logitech G600 for now and the scimitar sits in a box. I will not even sell it online cause I know it will do the same thing to someone else and I am not a dick.

Hmmm, I might look into this as a last possible option. For the moment I'd like to see if someone might offer a solution for the scimitar itself. I've had this one now for 2.5 years I believe, and never had an issue with it (and returning is no longer an option after this amount of time I'm afraid). No issues until now that is.

I've been hearing lots of good things about logitech mice so if my problems cannot be solved then I might be forced to look into one of theirs.

Thanks for the tips!

• 8 months later...
I have this same issue coming up now. Has there been a resolution? I've tried unintall and reinstall of icue with no luck. I have to reboot my computer for the dpi to go back to normal. Very frustrating and it seems to happen when I'm using the mouse more as in when I'm playing PVP in Destiny 2. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated! :lastyear:

How did you even install iCUE? I've tried more than 5 times with the latest two versions but it always freezes my PC at one point or another!

I really like that the Scimitar isn't as big as the other MMO mice out there but without the ability to unbind/rebind buttons (and turn off the stupid lighting) it's useless and I'm going to have to return it once stores are back open!