Corsair Community

New Build PC LL RGB Fans not lighting up

alhenderson

Hello All,

First post here.. Built my first PC for a very long time yesterday which various parts that someone else spec'd for me. Details are in my profile as requested by the forum rules.

I have a Crystal 280X Case with 2 x LL RGB fans installed. These came pre-installed and are connected to a Lighting Node Pro and RGB Fan Hub. The only connections I made were to put the USB from the lighting node pro into the motherboard and attach SATA power (using one of the connectors on a cable also attached to one of my HDDs). All other connections were already made. I think they are good, but can't really access the fans to check.

The fans are spinning quite happily, but I can't get them to light up. Running iCUE, it detects the Lighting Node Pro, and I can configure Lighting Channel 1 with the two LL fans, and choose colours etc, but nothing happens. No lights :-(

Have I missed something, or done something wrong? Or do I maybe have a hardware failure of some sort?

Would greatly appreciate any hints or tips..

Thanks, and Happy Easter!

Al.

And is the fan hub connected to SATA power?

what about configured the fans on channel 2?

I think only the Lighting Node Pro has power, should the RGB Fan Hub have power as well? I don't see an extra SATA connector in the case that's not connected to anything. I can see where two cables come out of either end of the hub - one goes to the Lighting Node Pro, not sure where the other goes at the moment.. Need to try and trace that.

Trying to recover data from a dead disk at the same time which is limiting my ability to switch the PC off at the moment..

Thanks,

Al.

And is the fan hub connected to SATA power?

what about configured the fans on channel 2?

That was it - the fan hub was not connected to SATA power. I had managed to hide the connector when I installed the CPU so didn't think there was anything else to connect!

Fab - thanks very much!

Al.