Corsair Community

QL120 Fans work with Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub ?

uscool

Hi, I currently have 6 x HD120 with Commandor Pro and Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub

Looking to replace the HD120 fans and upgrade to 6 x QL120 and wondering it will be as simple as just connecting them to Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub for RGB

As I can save money buying them single instead of triple pack that comes with Corsair Lighting Node Core which i dont think i need as i already have Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub ?

Thanks

I have a similar question. I have 3 LL120 fans on my H150ipro cooler with a 6 RGB Fan hub connected to a lighting node pro. Can I add 3 QL120 fans to the hub and it will work? Thanks

Yes and no.

Yes, you can and it'll work. You'd have to configure the channel for ... uhh ... 5 QL fans.

No in that you won't be able to configure the channel as QL + LL fans. iCUE only allows a single fan type per channel. Now, as stated above, you can make it work (they all use the same control protocol) but control and effects will be off. If you do go this route, I'd but the 3 QL fans on ports 1-2-3 and the 3 LL fans on ports 4-5-6.

Okay cool thanks. Wanted to add 3 more fans on top of my Lian Li 011D case, was thinking more aesthetics, QL120 look good on both sides vs. LL120. Thanks

The real issue with those Lian Li cases is to manage to tuck all the Corsair' stuff in the back zone!

Baio

Hey Balo,

Yes, it will get tight having to add another lighting node for different fans, guess I will just get LL120's for the top, won't be as pretty. I want to bring more fresh air in the case. My H150i pro is a side mount with LL120 fans blowing out thru the radiator. I could put the fans on the bottom, but the front USB3 cable is really stiff from the case, I would need to get a real flexible USB 3.0 extension cable.

Hey Balo,

Yes, it will get tight having to add another lighting node for different fans, guess I will just get LL120's for the top, won't be as pretty. I want to bring more fresh air in the case. My H150i pro is a side mount with LL120 fans blowing out thru the radiator. I could put the fans on the bottom, but the front USB3 cable is really stiff from the case, I would need to get a real flexible USB 3.0 extension cable.

I have the XL version and managed to put 9 fans into it, plus the AIO, 2 RGB Hubs and a Commander Pro. Now I’m planning to add another LL in the back, but it’s many many more cables to add... let’s see!

I’m trying the H150 on top, still not so convinced is better than the side slot (previous configuration)... some better aspects, some bad...

Baio