Corsair Community

Ram Timings Help

Need Advice.

I have 2 sticks of CMX512-PC3200C2 v1.2

Motherboard D865PERL Intel

CPU Intel Pentium 4 3.0E

My Bios says timings are 2.5-3-3-8

This is supposed to run at 2-3-3-6

Should I just change my settings in the Bios?

Will there be no problems?

Thanks!

The only way to really tell is to set to those timings and then test with Memtest86.Let it run for 5-10 passes and then test with your heavy applications or games. Also, is this RAM a TwinX pair or were the sticks bought seperately? And, does the Intel bios allow you to raise the RAM voltage any? If so, try raising up to but not over 2.7v - 2.8v.

Mike.

The only way to really tell is to set to those timings and then test with Memtest86.Let it run for 5-10 passes and then test with your heavy applications or games. Also, is this RAM a TwinX pair or were the sticks bought seperately? And, does the Intel bios allow you to raise the RAM voltage any? If so, try raising up to but not over 2.7v - 2.8v.

Mike.

Mike,

No, not TwinX, but bought both modules at same time. Came in different packages.

I haven't seen the RAM Voltage setting. Would it be with the DRAM settings?

Thanks,

Terry

On other MOBOs (not made by Intel) I have seen the RAM voltage on the same portion where you adjust CPU voltage. But, Intel typically does not provide these settings as they are anti-OCing and consider these adjustments to be OCing adjustments.

Mike.

Archived