Corsair Community

Windows crashes with Corsair RAM

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Hello

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

Intel P4 3.0GHz FSB800

BIOS Settings are all on auto for the memory and CPU

I´ve tested the modules on a Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe and the problems are the same.

I will test them on another Mainboard.

How can I get a RMA? My reseller is no longer available. Is there any RMA-support for Germany?

Harry

What is the revision and lot # of each stick?

How To Read the Memory Label

Test one stick at a time. It's almost impossible for 2 sticks to go bad at the same time, let alone 4. If all 4 are DOA, either a PSU killed them, the memory controller is bad, or the motherboard is bad.

Details for the modules(they are all the same)

PN: CMX256A-3200LL

Version: XMS2306v1.1

LOT Number: 0315058

Other memory modules(corsair, kingston, infineon) works fine on the mainboard.

I will test the modules on another mainboard and post here which one is defect.

Harry

Have you been testing the memory one at a time, or all 4 at once?

I am still testing them on another MB one at a time with GoldMemory V6.64

I will post the results here.

I still wanna know if there is any support or RMA-transaction in Germany available. Thanks

Harry

• Corsair Employees

Harry,

Gold memory runs over DOS and will not give you accurate results. Please use http://www.memtest.org to test the modules, and if you get errors I would test them one at a time. In addition, you will need to make some chnages in your bios with these modules and this MB or you will get errors in memtest or any memory test that are not the fault of the memory.

Please try these settings after you load setup defaults.

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%/DDR400

Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts (but if you over clock 2.85 Volts)

Resulting Frequency: 200MHz/400DDR

Legacy USB: Disabled

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

You may want to contact your reseller, as all of Corsair's overseas distributors are set up to handle RMAs. If your reseller refuses, or does not know about their distributor's capabilities, contact Corsair's Customer Service Department and they can find out whom your reseller's distributor is and help you out with the process.

Harry,

Gold memory runs over DOS and will not give you accurate results. Please use http://www.memtest.org to test the modules, and if you get errors I would test them one at a time. In addition, you will need to make some chnages in your bios with these modules and this MB or you will get errors in memtest or any memory test that are not the fault of the memory.

Please try these settings after you load setup defaults.

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%/DDR400

Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts (but if you over clock 2.85 Volts)

Resulting Frequency: 200MHz/400DDR

Legacy USB: Disabled

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

Hello RAM GUY

I am testing the modules one at a time withe Memtest86+ V1.51.

I have made the changes in BIOS you described.

Are there any options to be changed in Memtest86+ for testing? Like "Memory Sizing"? or something else?

How long should the test run?

Harry

Hello RAM GUY. Hello Wired.

I have tested all the RAM one at a time with the settings/options you describes with MemTest86+ V1.55. There are two modules with errors and they failed the test. The other two are fine. How can I get a RMA for the modules which are defect? And where can I ship them? How is the "returning procedure"? My local reseller has retired and is no longer available.

Harry

Hello RAM GUY. Hello Wired.
Hello Dirty-Harry! Hello Ram Guy! :D:

Assuming your RMA is approved, contact Corsair's Customer Service Department and they can find out whom your reseller's distributor was and help you out with the process. They'll probably be able to RMA for it you as all of Corsair's overseas distributors are set up to handle RMAs. If not, you can RMA it through Corsair (California, USA).

The RMA request can be made three ways:

A link to our online form can be found here. Complete the form, and submit it to Corsair. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

OR you can print the PDF version and fax it to Corsair. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

An editable Excel version can be found here. Complete the form and email it to RMA@corsairmemory.com. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

You can also call them @ 1-888-222-4346. as well as send an email with the RMA form email to them.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

What, no hello? Harumph! :shootme: :wtfman: :rant: :nono: :shakeit: :greencry: :brick: :bomb: :ar: :asskick: :beatchair :damnit: :nutkick: :beenrippe :stickpoke :faceslap: :soapbox: :uzi: :flamethro :wtfeh: :whip: :hmmm: :...:

Archived