Corsair Community

Bad 1gig SO-DIMM.

I have a 1gig Corsair Value Select pc3200 SO-DIMM that I bought in December of 2004 to boost the ram from 512mb to 1.5gigs in the Toshiba m200 Tablet PC that I had just purchesed. I did not ever use the Tablet without the extra stick of ram and from the out-set the Tablet locked up at random intervals.(about once every two hours) Around january I finnaly got the time to start troubleshooting. I first took out the 512mb Samsung stick that came with the Tablet, that did not solve the issue so I took out the 1gig stick and since then I have not had a single issue with the system crashing. Everywhere I have read says it does and in my own experience DDR automatically down-grades its self to whatever the motherboard supports. (in this case to 2700)

Are there any known camplatably issues with M200's, what might I try, or can I RMA this part?

Thanks,

Peter J. Borschowa.

• Corsair Employees
I would try the system with just our module installed and go to the bios setup and load Setup/Optimized defaults and exit saving chnages and then test the system with http://www.memtest.org. If you do get errors then let's try replacing your modules. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I installed Just the corsair stick and ran memtest but it did not come up with any errors after running overnight. Are there any settings that I should be configuring in memtest?

The locking up is still happening and last night I got a BSOD that said:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0xF1496FEF, 0x000000FF, 0x00000001, 0x804E1F6A)

Thanks,

Peter J. Borschowa

Archived