Corsair Community

do I have bad memory modules?

omar82

my computer suffers frequent crashes when running memory intensive apps like games. I get error codes and a message that says "physical dump of memory" this usually happens when loading the game or loading a new level. I upted my bios to see if it would help but it didn't. If I get any feedback of my problem it will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU! :):

ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE :):

AMD 64 3500

CORSAIR TWINX1024-3200XLPT

BFG TECH 256MB 6800 ULTRA OC PCI-E

CREATIVE AUDIGY 2 GAMER EDITION

SONY DRU-710A DUAL LAYER DVD BURNER

MAXTOR DIAMOND SERIES 300GB

ANTEC NEO POWER 480W

Can you tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?
I have auto settings for both the cpu and memory with no performance setting enabled.

• 2 weeks later...
Please set the Dim or DDR Voltage to 2.8 Volts and then test the system with http://www.memtest.org.

I set the voltage to 2.8 volts but did not test with memtest. Apperantly my computer stopped giving me error messages but it now crashes to desktop.The crashes occur with all my games after about 10 minutes of play or after an hour. Is this a memory configuration issue with windows? Do I need to disable programs that run in the background that might be taking precious memory? please help! thank you.

My computer started doing the same thing. It was running perfectly for a month or two, then suddenly one day while I was in a game, it just crashed and gave me tons of errors. Soon it was saying my files were corrupt when I'd try to install anything, and anytime I'd try anything ram intensive, even surfing the net for a few min, the comp would crash and do a physical memory dump.

My computer started doing the same thing. It was running perfectly for a month or two, then suddenly one day while I was in a game, it just crashed and gave me tons of errors. Soon it was saying my files were corrupt when I'd try to install anything, and anytime I'd try anything ram intensive, even surfing the net for a few min, the comp would crash and do a physical memory dump.

I would suggest running memtest to determine if you got a bad stick of ram.I ran memetest last night and I had a bad stick memory.

Archived