Corsair Community

New Build with X570 - last questions before ordering QL's

ecopsorn

Hi there

I'm amazed by Zotty's guide to all this cool RGB stuff. I've read through it all but would still like to have someone confirm that what's in my shopping cart is correct for what I'm trying to do.

First off, I think I have a pretty simple scenario for what I think I already have the answers in the guides, but I hope someone can clear up my last questions.

My goal

• Hooking up 6x QL 120 fans to my 570X Mirror Black case and my ASUS Rog Strix X570-E Gaming (AM4, AMD X570, ATX) motherboard - Ryzen 3800 with stock Prism cooler
  • Need to be able to control fan speeds by software
  • Don't want flickering :sunglasse

My shopping cart

https://www.digitec.ch/en/ShopList/Show?shopListId=14B2B7823D026D052E0F9A08F93CEED9

• 1x Commander Pro
  • 2x 3 set of QL 120's

My questions

1. Will I be able to pull if of with my Mobo? I currently have hooked up the stock fans to CH1, CH2 and M2E fan power ports. As far as I understand, all of the 6 fans go into the commander pro and this one goes into an USB port, so no power Channels are needed at all, is this correct?
  2. The corsair logo... do I understand it right, that you gotta make your own cable to control this thing at all? To not use the logo at all, just don't plug it in anymore right? Is there no cable that can be purchased to pull of the color setup of the logo? To sum this up, what would you guys recommend me to do in this regard? I somehow didn't understand the guide for this.
  3. This is likely a stupid question, but nobody asked it, so it must be stupid lol... How do I set up the fans for optimal airflow? 3 Intake in front and the rear and top ones outtake? Would make the most sense for me in terms of pressure. Is this correct? fyi - I installed the corsair fun upside down
  4. Since I won't use the lightning buttons on the case anymore - do you guys recommend to unplug it all or just let it be?
  5. I must say I'm pretty hesitant buying the fans because I read so many flickering issues. Can someone release me from my doubt? :biggrin:

Thanks in advance guys.

Edited by ecopsorn

You will get, if you order the 3 pack x 2, 2 more lighting node pro's and 2 more hubs to control the RGB. The Comander Pro will control the fans speed for the 6 fans and you could use the RGB hub already installed in the case to control the RGB and hook one of the lighting node pro's you receive to that hub and control the RGB on the 6 fans with the iCue software. The commander pro would use one USB header from the board and you can connect the USB header for the lighting node pro to the commander pro, it has two ports on it for this. The Corsair logo on the side of the case just connects to a SATA power plug and the front one and the one on the power switch are powered when you plug the power switch into the board.

I would set the three front to intake and the two top and rear to exhaust. Then to make a positive pressure you would just make the 3 front ones speeds a hair higher than the 3 exhaust. I have in my case 4 140's in the front, push/pull AIO hooked up, as intake and 3 120's as exhaust. I have dogs and my front filter needs to be vacuumed about once every 2 weeks but the inside of my case has no dog hair or really any dust inside of it so I must be having some good positive pressure going on. No worries though since the case is pretty open on top for the positive pressure to still push air out past the fans through the top filter.

I really do not see any flicker with my LL or ML or HD fans I have. And I have the X570 clear.

Hey man, that almost answers it all. But so the purchase list is definitely correct for my scenario?

Great help on the cooler/pressure speed part! And also the USB/power part is clear to me now.

The logos part is still a riddle to me, dunno why I have issues understanding this. Probably somebody can explain it to me in noob words :D:

Would also still like to hear you guys experience/suggestion about question 4

Hey man, that almost answers it all. But so the purchase list is definitely correct for my scenario?

Great help on the cooler/pressure speed part! And also the USB/power part is clear to me now.

The logos part is still a riddle to me, dunno why I have issues understanding this. Probably somebody can explain it to me in noob words :D:

Would also still like to hear you guys experience/suggestion about question 4

Well you will just unplug where they connect to the RGB Hub that is in the middle of the case on the backside. You will not need them, I just left everything in there and tied the wire I unplugged off.

The log on the side is just powered by a SATA, hard drive, power plug and you should see the cable where the power supply mounts. The front logo is tied to the power button LED which plugs into the motherboard power led spot right with the power switch wires to turn the PC on. They light up together once turned on. All of them are white only.

Hey guys - I’m done with the build! Everything working as it should. The guide and setup was easy to follow. I’ve installed all temp probes. Monitoring low case middle/upper case / intake/exhaust temps.

Jamie u mentioned the positive pressure so I tried the following:

- 3 front intake

- 2 top and 1 rear exhaust

- all 120 QLs

- I setup the 3 intake fans 30rpm higher than the exhaust ones with a custom fan curve. I have them spin around 850rpm at 42degree C based on the mid/high temp probe.

Is this 30rpm difference fine for a positive pressure setup or shall I change it?

I never mentioned that I have the stock AMD prism wraith cooler on my ryzen 3800. What confuses me a bit is the high idle CPU tenp of 58-60deg C. Do u guys think thats normal? Probably wrong forum to ask this.

Hey guys - I’m done with the build! Everything working as it should. The guide and setup was easy to follow. I’ve installed all temp probes. Monitoring low case middle/upper case / intake/exhaust temps.

Jamie u mentioned the positive pressure so I tried the following:

- 3 front intake

- 2 top and 1 rear exhaust

- all 120 QLs

- I setup the 3 intake fans 30rpm higher than the exhaust ones with a custom fan curve. I have them spin around 850rpm at 42degree C based on the mid/high temp probe.

Is this 30rpm difference fine for a positive pressure setup or shall I change it?

I never mentioned that I have the stock AMD prism wraith cooler on my ryzen 3800. What confuses me a bit is the high idle CPU tenp of 58-60deg C. Do u guys think thats normal? Probably wrong forum to ask this.

That should be fine.