Corsair Community

SPD timings do not match listed timings

I bought this kit TWINX2048-3200C2 this weekend. It's SPD timings are set to CAS 3 (I think it was 3-4-4-8, but I'm not at home to check it right now).

But it is advertised as CAS 2 (2-3-3-6). Is this normal for the SPD timings to be slower than the advertised timings or did I receive the wrong memory? I am currently running it at the advertised 2-3-3-6 timings and it seems to be working. It ran prime95's stress test for 7 hours with no errors.

Am I overclocking these chips? My system (with a Prescott) runs pretty hot already and I really don’t want to overclock anything. I was expecting them to install and load up at the 2-3-3-6 timings automatically. Please advise.

System Info

Intel 875PBZ mobo

Intel P4 prexcott 3.0

TWINX2048-3200C2

3200C2 have the SPD set to 3-3-3-8, which is normal. It will be necessary to set them manually on your system. No, you are not overclocking them.

Just for reference:

CAS Latency: 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

• Corsair Employees

With your Intel D875PBZ MB and our TwinX512/TwinX1024/TwinX2048-3200C2; please set the following setting, but before making the necessary changes please make sure that you have the latest BIOS installed on your MB.

TwinX512/TwinX1024/TwinX2048-3200C2

SDRAM Frequency - 400

CPC Override - DISABLED/Manual User Define

SDRAM tRASmin - 6

SDRAM tCL - 2

SDRAM tRCD - 3

SDRAM tRP - 3

DDR Voltage 2.7 V

All other settings should be set to default settings!

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Archived