Corsair Community

Faizael

hi, i’ve just bought the k95 rgb keyboard, when im gaming and i want to change the volume with the volume controller of the keyboard i have à black screen and after few sec return to the game, how can i fixe that?

Best regards,

Edited by Faizael

Can you be specific about what game you are playing and whether it uses DX9, 11, 12, Vulkan or some other API?

Unfortunately, I think the answer is going to be because that specific API is not allowing overlays - including the Windows volume overlay. I have run into this as well, especially with HDR enabled on a Gsync monitor. I don't know enough about how it technically works to explain why one API may be more problematic than another, but I don't think there is much you can do. Someone else might know how to override the volume overlay, but that seems like an equally annoying problem to not have it.

Hi,

I'm playing overwatch, modern warfare warzone, warcraft 3 reforged, CS:go etc....

on every game i run i have this problem, i think the same because it use the windows volume he has to quit the game, change the volume and return to the game, it's so annoying...

I am looking at the NV Control Panel now. Are you using any of the new sharpening or scaling enhancements? This would also include the prior DSR.

Do you play in full screen or windowed mode?

Are you using a Gsync or other Variable Refresh Rate monitor?

HDR on/off?

It seems strange it is happening to all of them. I would not expect it for CG:GO under any circumstances. Usually this is a game/API specific problem. If you use MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision, or Asus GPU Tweak, are you able to see it's overlay?

If you are using GE Force Experience and Shadowplay, we'll need someone who uses those to help. Apparently this has a new overlay as well.

My best guess it is related to the way windows handles HDR. Those are the only games where I have trouble with this, specifically Red Dead Redemption 2. This is not my area of expertise, but obviously the volume display is native to the OS. Microsoft handles both that and how HDR is implemented. There might be some more pointed information out is you narrow the search to HDR and Windows volume.