Corsair Community

K70 Mk.2 LP - Should I return this keyboard?

tayguerr

Four times in the last week, my week-old keyboard has had issues going back into hardware mode after ICUE shuts down. On shutdown, the current software profile just freezes on the keyboard. Restarting the computer will reload the hardware profile, but once ICUE closes again, the problem persists.

At this point, attempts to manually enable the hardware profile through ICUE results in the same outcome - the current software profile just freezes on the keyboard. Attempts to create a new hardware profile results in bugged behavior. Static colors do not match their on screen counterparts. Attempts to save the profile to the keyboard are met with a message that claims "no storage space available." If by chance I am able to save the profile, the profile name ends up being represented by chinese characters.

The only way to fix this is by soft resetting the keyboard. So far, I've gotten maybe a couple days out of the keyboard until the behavior returns again.

Is this a software bug or is the onboard memory on my keyboard corrupted? I'm currently running version 3.25.60 and have tested the newest version as well.

Thanks

Four times in the last week, my week-old keyboard has had issues going back into hardware mode after ICUE shuts down. On shutdown, the current software profile just freezes on the keyboard. Restarting the computer will reload the hardware profile, but once ICUE closes again, the problem persists.

The only way to fix this is by soft resetting the keyboard. So far, I've gotten maybe a couple days out of the keyboard until the behavior returns again.

Is this a software bug or is the onboard memory on my keyboard corrupted? I'm currently running version 3.25.60 and have tested the newest version as well.

No, it's not expected behavior. You probably need a hard reset firmware flash, but you typically need to contact Corsair Tech Support directly to receive it. I don't feel like you should have to hard troubleshoot a brand new product like a keyboard, so normally I would suggest an immediate replacement with the purchase vendor as a faster and mind-easing solution. However, the world is in a weird place at the moment, so I don't know how fast or easy that replacement will be. It's a good keyboard and worth the effort. It is not related to the prior K70 referenced above.

No, it's not expected behavior. You probably need a hard reset firmware flash, but you typically need to contact Corsair Tech Support directly to receive it. I don't feel like you should have to hard troubleshoot a brand new product like a keyboard, so normally I would suggest an immediate replacement with the purchase vendor as a faster and mind-easing solution. However, the world is in a weird place at the moment, so I don't know how fast or easy that replacement will be. It's a good keyboard and worth the effort. It is not related to the prior K70 referenced above.

Thanks a lot for your help. I'll exchange it then. I agree that it's a nice keyboard, so I was kind of holding out hoping that it was a fluke. Luckily, the Microcenter I purchased it at is local.