Corsair Community

H100i Platinum color transition issue

Patishi

Hi everyone,

I just recentely noticed that when I apply the "Color shift" effect on my H100i (platinum rgb) the color transition isn't smooth. When transitioning from one color to another It always goes through white. I can't remember if it was always like that, I only have this cooler for about a month or so. (All the other effects work fine)

Can't you please advise in the matter?

Thx.

Color shift "random" will alternately transition through the 6 main R-G-B radiant points along the color wheel. If you happen to go from a color on one side of the wheel to one directly across from it (like Red to Cyan) you will pass through a white sector. You won't see it when going to adjacent colors, like Blue to Magenta. There is no way around this except to use the defined Rainbow (progressing around the outside of the color wheel) or use Color Pulse where the LEDs turn off prior to the transition.

It's relatively apparent on most devices if you are looking for it. I agree, the keyboards are much smoother. Whether they use a different LED type, it is larger, or something else entirely, it is smoother. You will notice it more on fans, mice, and pump rings.