Corsair Community

PSA: ST100, NZXT Internal Hub, Commander Pro, and USB Disconnects

c00lkatz

So I was having the good 'ol USB disconnect issue where all my USB devices would drop out and reconnect randomly. I tried the NZXT Internal USB hub on the Commander Pro, since that seems to be a common thing, and it didn't help. I then read where someone disconnected their ST100. SUCCESS! That did it, no more USB disconnects. Plugged the ST100 into a USB 3.0 powered hub, attempting to save it from being a very expensive paperweight, and again, success, works fine with no disconnects.

Fast forward a week or so, and now when I put my computer to sleep, the Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro stay at the hardware lighting profile when waking the PC back up. All other devices function normally. Both are still visible in iCUE. Closing and opening iCUE or restarting the service in iCUE settings, they would both disappear. Reboot fixes it, they come back and function normally. Put back to sleep and wake back up, back to hardware lighting upon login even after iCUE loads, while everything else (ST100, H150i, RAM, K70 Mk.2 SE, M65 RGB Pro, etc) all display properly. If I close iCUE, disable and re-enable the CP and LNP using usbdview, then re-open iCUE, they come back normally.

Well, after remembering that both are still plugged into the NZXT internal hub (which is no longer necessary), and considering both are the only devices not functioning correctly, I just ripped the system open AGAIN, and took out the NZXT hub, plugged the CP back into the internal mobo header, and plugged LNP into the CP hub. That did it, everything functions normally when waking from sleep.

Just wanted to share my issues,and what I did to solve them in case anyone else is having the same issues.

Went through the ST100 disconnects for a few months as well./ Now my Commander Pro had a Firmware update. Now all my fans run wide open after the firmware. Quiet = 1500 rpm now.

1) I can't install ICUE over old ICUE even though it has a repair option.

2) I can't find any older firmware to go back.

3) There is no firmware rollback option.

4) Why are there only 2 USB ports on a $90 item that everything Corsair makes needs a USB port?

* I'm sorry but that makes zero sense to only have two ports. Plus you are already using one USB port off the board to start with.

I feel your pain on it as well.