Corsair Community

Is there a way to make iCUE not read fan speeds?

xXNetRunnerXx

So I have seen a lot of posts on here with people having problems with iCUE and HWinfo causing issues. But the solution's won't help with my problem as I need HWinfo reading said info.

I use rainmetter and have my temp's and hardware information always displayed on a dedicated monitor. But I need iCUE to control my lighting and pump.

so I need a way to have iCUE to be running and controlling my commander pro with the pump, lights, and temp gauges plugged in but not control fans that are plugged into my motherboard. is this possible?

Ah well, that makes sense, I figured it was iCUE causing the issues. I guess I need to find another controller for my temperature gauges instead of the commander pro. then I could still be able to have those be read by HWinfo and use iCUE for the other stuff.

How many temp gauges do you need?

The Hero XI should have 1-2 on the MB. Those can be the "HWiNFO gauges". Obviously 4 on the Commander and those are the native source for the controller. Those you need to use for the metric you want controlling those fans, but once you do you they will continue to properly control the fans without iCUE running.

If you have an AIO (Corsair or otherwise) you can use one Commander pro temp gauge to measure exhaust temp coming off the radiator. That will be an effective substitute for coolant temperature. Another for rear exhaust or intake air temp or whatever else you need. You might have to double up with MB + Commander Pro 10K sensors for critical areas, but that would be another way around this.