Corsair Community

AN8 compatibility

johncameron

I have an abit AN8 skt 939 nforce 4 motherboard that seems to be showing some compatibility issues with the corsair value select 2 x 512Mb (PC3200) memory sticks. Lot# 0508103 - 0.

Can you tell me if this memory is compatible with my motherboard?

The errors I'm seeing are that the board hangs during POST, with the following sequence of errors

C1 - F1 - C1 - F1 - 04.

According to ABit they say it's a memory realted issue. The memory works fine in a friends pc, so I know it's not faulty.

As the board doesn't complete it's post, I can't get into the bios to check or change any settings.

Any help or advice you can give me would be a help.

Thanks

John. :confused:

Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts as well.

I have tested them one at a time in all sockets. It made no difference.

I can't change the Dim voltage as this is accessed through the bios, which is inaccessible as the motherboard doesn't finish it's POST.

I'm trying to find someone who can test the processor for me at the moment it case that is what the problem is. It's an AMD Athlon 64, skt 939. They don't seem to be too common yet.

I'll let you know if I find anything.

Thanks

John.

I have tested them one at a time in all sockets. It made no difference.

I can't change the Dim voltage as this is accessed through the bios, which is inaccessible as the motherboard doesn't finish it's POST.

I'm trying to find someone who can test the processor for me at the moment it case that is what the problem is. It's an AMD Athlon 64, skt 939. They don't seem to be too common yet.

I'll let you know if I find anything.

Thanks

John.

Have you tried resetting the CMOS and then posting with only 1 stick in the 0 RAM slot? Perhaps after a reset it will post with a single stick and then you can get into the bios. Also, does that MOBO have mGURU? If so, what post code is it sticking at? And, if this does not work, reboot and try tapping INSERT during post to try to load ultra conservative failsafe defaults.

Mike.

Archived