Corsair Community

H100i Pro USB Power Header...

Scaramoosh

Can I chop the USB cable end off so it doesn't use a USB Header, and put a 4 pin power connector and put it into the AIO_PUMP Header?

Or is that not possible? I have a ITX board and I'm trying to work out a way to free up the USB Header. Since AIO_PUMP is always 100 percent, it makes sense to do that right?

+ I use put this PC together, but the front case fans of the 280X worked for awhile, now they wont turn on and just flash slightly every now and then, but the fans are working.

+ I think the H100i pump is really loud, there is a loud constant whine coming from it.

Edited by Scaramoosh

Did you select the drop down on the Lighting Node Pro for Lighting Channel 1 and set it to the fans you have, ML, LL, HD, etc. You will not see the hub at all as a device but you will see how many fans you have setup when you set that drop down correctly.

corsair.thumb.jpg.9d08eeab35bbcfff54ec223d654b7db7.jpg

The USB is the connection between software and hardware. If you remove that connection (permanently or not), the cooler will revert to its saved hardware profile or last known good settings. However, this will leave you without software control of the lighting and physical control over the pump and fans. Removing it is viable. Mutilating it is not. You may need it at some point for troubleshooting or simply to change settings.

The USB is not the power source for cooler. That is the SATA connector. Pump speed is set through the software only and cannot be affected through the BIOS.