Corsair Community

Different Types

hi,

I want to know if it is possible to run 2 different types of memory in dual channel...

one is

Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT

XMS3202 v1.2

The other is

Hyperx DDR3200

BH-5 SPD-2-2-2-6

The HyperX goes up to 270 something and I haven't actually got the 3200C2PT yet, but If it is CH5 then I might...

I wonder if they will overclock together if given 3.3V

Well I am buying them 2nd hand, as is often the case with BHx and CHx series memory. It's not produced anymore so if you want to find it, and not have to sell your first born, or a kidney, to be able to afford it you just might have to buy is 2nd hand.

My last bit I got a week ago, it isn't burned in yet, but it was made week45 of 2003 and it runs like snot, reaching 270Mhz easily.

2nd hand probibly doesn't give me warrentee anyways so it's not like I am breaking the warentee and these BH/CH modules are know to eat up voltage, the payback being enormous overclocks. Getting something for nothing, this is after all the Enthusiasts Only forum!

• 4 weeks later...
hi,

I want to know if it is possible to run 2 different types of memory in dual channel...

one is

Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT

XMS3202 v1.2

The other is

Hyperx DDR3200

BH-5 SPD-2-2-2-6

The HyperX goes up to 270 something and I haven't actually got the 3200C2PT yet, but If it is CH5 then I might...

I wonder if they will overclock together if given 3.3V

I had a msi delta and run 2700 c2pt and 400 value ram at 166 MHz and my cp ran great did that until I got my twin 3200 c2 pro just thought I let you know It can work :cool:

Archived