Corsair Community

My K55 was crashing iCUE

Phattrider

Have been a fan of Corsair products for years so I finally bought a MM800 mouse pad, Glaive Pro RGB mouse and a K55 RGB KB. Right out of the box they worked great with the Rainbow pattern. Once I downloaded the iCUE software the issues started. Not sure if it was the KB, the software or both combined. I made my own custom basic profile but would not work, mouse went dark and the mouse pad LED's turned red. So I searched for custom profiles and found a few for the K55 which I downloaded and installed. When I clicked to import them to check out how they looked, iCUE crashed, the mouse and mouse pad went dark. I went through this for several days with numerous profiles and became very frustrated. If I uninstalled iCUE everything worked but with no customization. So I did a little research and returned the K55 back to Best Buy and bought as K68 in it's place. One thing I noticed, with the K68 KB attached, the mouse pad no longer turns red when I start up or reboot my PC.

The large portion of online community profiles were created on CUE 2. When the move was made to CUE 3 (iCUE), the complexity of the lighting made sharing not feasible for the general public. That was eased somewhat around v3.13, but anything created prior to that will crash iCUE on import. Older profiles are not compatible.

There are 1-2 people out there who have every single piece of hardware needed to create a universal profile, but that is the limitation. The K55 is also not a fully capable RGB product and that may have played into your experience.

Here are two people that do work hard to make every piece of gear work. They may have older stuff listed on there as well. It needs to be iCUE 3.13 or later to work on the current system. Some of those may have been created before other hardware came into existence, so that is a possible snag as well.

https://alex.krastev.org/profiles

https://lewisgerschwitz.com/corsair.html

• Confused 1