Corsair Community

Airflow question

Infin1tum

Hi all

tl;dr - positive air pressure yes or no?

I have build myself a new rig and I'm uncertain about my fan layout. Would be great, if you guys could give some advice if I can improve it.

pic of my current layout here, to prevent misunderstanding

https://www.imgur.com/awaNx59

I was particularily thinking about turning my ML140's at the bottom to intake to supply more cool air from outside for the GPU fans while blowing the hot air up and out the back. Also, I am concerned about starving my GPU fans since the 2 big boi ML140's will surely provide more airflow than the three little 90mm fans from my GPU.

But from what I've read, positive air pressure isn't recommended generally, but from my layman's point of view, it does make sense.

Should I then swap the HD120s on top to make them pull out air through the rad or is the one beefy rear exhaust fan enough since the CPU doesn't really suffer from the air temp around it through the H100i?

Thanks for your kind support!

Yeah I would do front and bottom intake and top and rear out. Currently you are sucking air in top and through the radiator and that will add warm are to the case, while this would be ok in the front remember hot air rises so you are not exhausting as much warm air as possible.