Corsair Community

Corsair h100i v2

Megan2014

Hi guys

My Cooler has been working fine until I switched it on today. I noticed the fans spinning but the pump is at 0rpm on the link.

I've got the Cpu_Fan set at full speed and VPM I believe and still no life. I've only had this fan for a year and it's just gave up on me.

Could someone who has this fan and Asus PC tell me how the bios is meant to look when using Smart Fan System 5 I think it's called.

Like I've said I've literally changed nothing over the year. But the pump has just died on me

It is possible that you killed your pump, which is usually caused by bad usage and for example switching between different modes, silent, balanced, performance, etc. What are your cpu temps, because if the pump is totally dead the cpu will get hot very soon after startup and will probably turn off under heavy load. But if your temps are fine then it's some software issue where it's not getting information about the pump, check all the cables connected to it to make sure they all sit tight. Can't answer the bios question sorry ;D

Hi there.

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate all the help.

I don't switch between modes, I made a custom one and left it at that since getting it.

I set my CPU_Fan to full speed to give it the 12v it's needed and left all the other headings to how they were.

I literally came on my pc today and saw it was no longer pumping etc. All my fans show RPM including the liquid coolers but no rpm for pump.

Since it's only a year old I think you should try to make a ticket and let corsair review it. Go to the "Support Ticket System" above and it will redirect you to a different page and then press "Contact Us" and then submit a ticket about your cooler. Usually they are very helpful and they might fix your problem.

Good luck!

There is no reason to think you are responsible for this, but it does appear your pump is not running. In the Asus BIOS, QFan should either be set to “Full Speed” or “disabled”. Both are the same thing and lock it at 12v. This is usually reset on any bios update and must be set again.

Assuming it is set at 100%, then it is likely the pump is electrically non-functional. There is no warning with that kind of failure. One day you power on and a circuit fails. No pump action.

You can contact Corsair directly through the Ticket Support System in the header above. This is not an immediate process, so if you can’t spend any time down for maintenance and don’t have a back up cooling method, you may want to go shopping instead. Then you can decide if you want to RMA and keep the new replacement or find another home for it.

OK so here is what I do.

I boot up and hold D2.

I get into Bios and load Fan Smart 5 (I think it's called)

CPU_FAN settings:

CPU fan speed control - Full Speed

CPU fan stop - disabled

CPU fan control mode - Voltage.

SYSTEM FAN 3 PUMP

CPU fan speed control - normal

CPU fan stop - disabled

CPU fan control mode - auto.

That's the best I can describe it.

Looking through old forums all I can gather is to have CPU Fan set to full speed and I should be good. But clearly not

That's the right setting for the pump, so if it still reads zero rpm I am afraid it's done for. Be careful with any use right now. There is only about 30mL of coolant in the block and none of it is moving. You can heat the local area up very quickly even at desktop idle. You need to move toward a replacement as soon as possible.

It's OK the way it is. This will only be a problem if you boot up into a load state or leave the PC running. Since the coolant can't move, the little bit around the CPU takes all the heat. Some of is spread to other parts of the cooler through normal physical transfer, but it will continually elevate the CPU temp for every minute you are running. After 20-30 minutes, it may get high enough to trigger safety measures. With no way to get the heat into the radiator, it takes hours to cool down after that.