Corsair Community

H150i balanced mode

djase

Hello,

I have activated the balanced mode and I would like to know if the pump speed is correct because I see that normally with this mode the pump should be around 2160rpm.

onldY.png

8Q7xW.png

Thank you for your help.

2160 is about where balanced should be. However, it’s really a predicted number based on a 2 second interval and then multiplied out to make a per minute number. Either the pump or iCUE rounds the number prior to multiplying so you get very clear +-30 rpm steps. 2160, 2130, 2100, 2070, etc.

There is no meaningful difference between 2000 and 2200 rpm on the pump, so you are not losing anything. However, if the pump speed continues to drop over time or becomes erratic, that might be an early warning sign of a future problem.

I am a little concerned the bottom two speeds (Quiet and Balanced) are about 100 rpm low, while the highest speed (Extreme) is exactly where expected. This could be a unique quirk with that pump. It could also be a sign of a developing flow restriction.

In the current state, this has no effect on performance. However, if the RPM speeds for Quiet and Balanced continue to drop over time, that would suggest a flow problem and you should contact Corsair through the Ticket System with an eye toward replacement. If it is specific to the pump motor, than the levels will stay as they are for the life of the product (or thereabouts) and it's not a serious concern. Keep an eye on things.