Corsair Community

iCue starts and windows startup but needs to be actually opened to change RGB's

gutcheck

When I boot up, everything stuck in rainbow. When I bring icue to the foreground it takes a second, says no devices found, then they populate and my RGB settings come up fine. Any idea why? I've updated the software and the firmware on everything.

If iCUE isn't running, all devices revert to their hardware lighting profile. On some devices you can edit the hardware lighting profile (with limited options) in iCUE, some you're stuck with rainbow or whatever the default is. In the case of the ST100 headphone stand specifically, it will go to rainbow for a few seconds, then just cut off completely (didn't used to do this, don't know what caused the change, common issue). So this means you're stuck with hardware profile lighting on initial boot up until either 1) you launch iCUE, or 2) iCUE auto-launches if you have that enabled.

The catch is all devices behave this way on the Windows lock screen as well, regardless of whether or not iCUE is running. They call it a "feature", and it's on purpose. I can't imagine why ANYONE would want this, unless they just never lock their computer. But locking your computer is an absolute MUST in my opinion, unless you live by yourself with no pets, children, room mates, etc. - very few people fit this criteria I would imagine. Have no idea why they don't give you an option to disable this behavior.