Corsair Community

H80i v2 To ???

PINKTULIPS7

Yes, there is absolutely an benefit. More radiator means that you have more capability to shed more heat more quickly.

Running a Extreme Edition, you'll certainly see lower overall coolant temps with extended loads. This will translate to better load temps with extended loads. It's unlikely that idle temps will be that much different or your instant max temp will be that much different - these are more dependent on voltage and the IHS. It's the extended load temps where you really see the difference. Because who plays a game (or does whatever) for only 5 minutes?

There are no miracles in cooling and you can't drop 20C from your temps by going up a size or two. Any differences will be in the single digit category. However, there are some more tangible benefits. You with the larger surface area, you likely can get the same or better cooling with less noise. The two 140mm fans will not need nearly as much speed as a pair of 120s in push/pull. The other obvious benefit is eliminating the massive 99mm sandwich. The 280mm radiator at 27mm thick + 25mm fan likely has more mounting options and will be less intrusive in the case layout. This seems like an easy upgrade choice.

There is also the H115i Pro or H115i XT if you are not interested in the RGB ML fans on the Platinum or prefer the black of the XT.

Thx for all response!!I do have Case limitation due to no option for any Radiator mount except for H80i v2 but thinking about mounting Radiator outside of the Case...

Koolance BKT-HX001 Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-Release

by Koolance

Edited by PINKTULIPS7