Corsair Community

Is there any way to prevent the iCUE software from handling RGB on ASUS motherboards?

stormflora

I have iCUE version 3.25.60. Currently, the iCUE software interfaces with my ASUS motherboard, which takes over its RGB controls and takes precedence over the ASUS Aura Sync software.

Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, but unfortunately, because the iCUE software cannot detect my ASUS GPU, if I allow iCUE to handle the RGB on my ASUS motherboard, my GPU's RGB turns off.

You can blame ASUS for requiring their own software to control their GPU's RGBs, but there's no helping it. Unless I run ASUS Aura Sync each time I start up my computer to restart the GPU's RGBs, the iCUE software takes over and turns them off.

TL;DR: Can the iCUE software incorporate a way to disable RGB handling of specific devices, so you can use their own software instead?

Browse to Corsair's ICUE plugins folder and remove the Asus plugin folder and then it will have nothing to do with Asus after that. Make sure you shut down ICUE first and restart it after you remove the Asus.dll file or folder.

Or you can just rename the Asus.dll to OLD.Asus.dll to cancel out the effect.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins