Corsair Community

Having to repress shift to run in games

shizniticus

Corsair k70 rgb kb

When playing any fps game, if I'm already walking (w) and want to sprint (shift) I frequently have to let go of shift, and press it down again in order for my character to start running.

It's not a toggle setting and it doesnt happen all the time, but it happens at least 50% of the time. It's a real problem in games because that half a second delay is frequently the cause of my death.

It also doesn't matter if I have the iCue software installed or uninstalled. It does it either way.

I would pull the left shift key and reset it, just to eliminate the chance of any kind of physical issue. It will also let you see the switch itself if there is an obvious problem.

The only other thing I can suggests is to reset the keyboard. The soft reset directions are below. To do the hard reset via firmware, you need to contact Corsair Support through the Ticket System in the menu above. I would start that process now as it will take them several days to respond. It may also move things along faster if you report you've already done the soft reset and inspected the switch.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025465031-How-to-Reset-your-keyboard