Corsair Community

H150i Pro - CPU Fan Header only 1 wire?

Hemo2

I'm building a new desktop system and have the Corsair H150i Pro RGB cooler. This is my first water cooling unit. According to the documentation, it references to connect the 3 pin CPU Fan connector to the CPU_FAN Header on your motherboard. That's easy enough, but the part that confuses me is that this wire connection coming off the cooling block is only a 'single' wire. It has a 3 pin connector at the end, but it's just the 1 wire running to it.

Is that correct? I guess I would have expected 3 wires going to the 3 pin connector, which in turn plugs into the 3 pin CPU_FAN Header on the motherboard. As it is, there just a single wired going to be plugged in. Is that all it really needs or is this a manufacturing error and I would need to send back this cooling unit?

Thank you.

MB fan headers are designed to accommodate 3 pin DC fans or 4 pin PWM. The little tab and the corresponding grove on the connector ensure the right wires goes to the right signal. As mentioned above, only the tachometer wire is needed for this connection, but it is done through the traditional 3 pin connector so there isn't a tragic misalignment.