Corsair Community

M65 Pro - Sniper Button Reverts to DPI Setting #1 and Unable To Use DPI Setting 1/4/5

debounce

Using iCue 3.25.60 with M65 Pro Firmware 3.08.

On my M65 pro mouse (white model), iCue gives 5 options for mouse DPI, plus 1 option for the sniper button DPI. They are default colors red, white, green, yellow, blue, teal (in order 1-6).

The issues I am having are as follows:

1. When using the physical mouse button to change DPI, I can only select DPI #2 or #3 (white/green). I cannot select DPI #1/4/5 (red/yellow/blue).
  2. When DPI setting #2 (white) is selected and i press the sniper button, the sniper DPI setting is correctly selected. However, when I release the sniper button, the DPI setting returns into DPI #1 (red) instead of returning to DPI #2. Remember from item 1 above that I am unable to select DPI setting #1, so how is the mouse now able to go into DPI setting #1 after pressing the sniper button? Is this supposed to be normal behavior?

For #2 above, if I have DPI setting #3 (green) selected and press the sniper button. Upon releasing the sniper button it correctly returns to DPI setting #3.

Thanks for the assistance.

Go into the DPI settings and create a new DPI profile. Set them to whatever values and colors you prefer and then retest. Make sure you assign that new profile to your current profile. iCUE can be funny about that.

If this process repeats on the new profile (or any other unexpected behavior), go to your Windows Apps list, find Corsair iCUE and left click on it. Follow the prompts for "modify" and do a repair installation. This often cleans up weird and otherwise inexplicable behavior.

Thanks for the help.

Creating a new profile still has the same behavior. I have made sure to select the new profile to activate it.

This is a brand new installation of iCue, I shouldn't have to to a repair on the installation to fix this problem, neither should the average user.

Do you really want to debate what you should or should not have to do, the assumed responsibility of owning a computer, or did you want to troubleshoot the issue?

The link for Corsair Technical Support is in the top margin of this page as “Support Ticket System”.

Do you really want to debate what you should or should not have to do, the assumed responsibility of owning a computer, or did you want to troubleshoot the issue?

The link for Corsair Technical Support is in the top margin of this page as “Support Ticket System”.

LOL. You could of just pointed me to the support ticket link in the first place instead of pretending to know how to help people troubleshoot. Good effort though buddy, but you wasted a few minutes of my life. :D:

If this process repeats on the new profile (or any other unexpected behavior), go to your Windows Apps list, find Corsair iCUE and left click on it. Follow the prompts for "modify" and do a repair installation. This often cleans up weird and otherwise inexplicable behavior.

You took the standard troubleshooting step and decline to follow it based on principle. That's your choice, but you then forfeit the ability to whine about it.

This is the User Forums. Our time is donated. It would have taken you 30 seconds to complete the above recommendation, far less time then it took to write your response.

My pointing you toward Corsair Support served two purposes. First, if you want to have a debate about what you should or should not have to do to make the software work, having with the people responsible for it seems like the logical place to do it. Trying to make your point to the bystander trying to help is not. Second, it was a clear message that I am done helping you. I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who drive over broken glass and get a flat tire, then stand there on the side of the road refusing to change it, waiting for someone else to do it for them, all the while insisting the glass should have never been there in the first place. Good luck.

By the way, the very first thing Corsair Support is going to do is ask you to run the repair install for the program. You might save yourself 3 days of back and forth by getting that out of the way, with a positive or negative result.

You took the standard troubleshooting step and decline to follow it based on principle. That's your choice, but you then forfeit the ability to whine about it.

This is the User Forums. Our time is donated. It would have taken you 30 seconds to complete the above recommendation, far less time then it took to write your response.

My pointing you toward Corsair Support served two purposes. First, if you want to have a debate about what you should or should not have to do to make the software work, having with the people responsible for it seems like the logical place to do it. Trying to make your point to the bystander trying to help is not. Second, it was a clear message that I am done helping you. I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who drive over broken glass and get a flat tire, then stand there on the side of the road refusing to change it, waiting for someone else to do it for them, all the while insisting the glass should have never been there in the first place. Good luck.

By the way, the very first thing Corsair Support is going to do is ask you to run the repair install for the program. You might save yourself 3 days of back and forth by getting that out of the way, with a positive or negative result.

Yeah ok, because a fresh install needs the repair option ran before things work. And I guess I am not as smart as you to where I wouldn't know to do this before registering on a forum and taking some of my time to post a question, knowing there is always a forum hero like you waiting there for me.

You are my hero man, I wish more people were like you in this world.

By the way, I opened a support ticket so I don't have to deal with heroes like you. Thanks for wasting my time.

Edited by debounce