Corsair Community

ComPro showing weird Voltages

Infin1tum

Hi all,

I have been getting concerning readings from my ComPro in iCue, check this out:

https://imgur.com/me9yNBE

I am saying concerning because I have the suspicion, this is just a bug in iCue rather than a broken ComPro.

Everything goes back to normal after a restart and nothing got fried (yet). Just in case tho, I keep it unplugged for now after it happened a few times. Unfortunately, I can't really tell when or how, only that I was playing Metro Exodus at any point in all of the cases I noticed this was happening. I am really not willing to play around with it more to narrow this in. So maybe this MIGHT be related to Metro Exodus since it plays around with RGB? I would really like some clarification on this before plugging my ComPro back into power.

So anyone experiencing something similar?

Thanks.

Edited by Infin1tum
image not loading in

It's not related to Metro Exodus or any other game. It is highly likely to happen when running another monitoring application that is attempting to read the same devices -- like HWMonitor, HWiNFO, or AIDA. 99% of these are monitoring clash issues. Your PC doesn't run if the 12v rail is 0.26 and the swapping of the readout on 3.3/5/12v rails is a classic sign.

The only physical contribution might be if you are running the Commander from some type of molex to SATA converter that does not pass on the 3.3v rail or something else.

Edited by c-attack

yes, I have been running HWInfo in *some* instanced, not sure in all of them. But it seems so I guess judging from your replies, so I am no longer worried about plugging it back in. It runs directly off sata power, so no adaptering mess or anything.

Thanks a lot to you two!

It is possible to use HWiNFO at the same time, but with some restrictions. First, no matter what you should use the "portable" version from the site versus the installed one. The portable retracts its drivers when not in use. Second, remove Corsair specific hardware from the monitoring in HWiNFO. I find the Commander Pro to be more susceptible to these conflicts and the resulting garbage readings than some other hardware. Last, once you have had a conflict, you usually need to completely kill both programs and all their associated services to clean things up. Occasionally it can be really stubborn or just easier to restart the PC.

The other oddity than can result from this is a reshuffle of your iCUE dashboard. Fans get moved, put back into the C-Pro box, temp readings shifted. This is the one that drives me nuts and compels me to use one or the other. If I really need the extra details from HWiNFO, I close iCUE before I start HWiNFO. Most Corsair hardware can be set to effectively run without the software.