Corsair Community

Help. H100i Platinum SE RGB - 1 fan RGB not lighting

bboystyle

Hello. I have an h100i RGB Platinum SE and I was installing it into another computer after having it work in another rig. Don't know if it matters, but I transfered it from an NZXT Elite to a NZXT 200i.

The problem is that one fan's RGB does not light up. The fans spin, but only 1 fan lights up. iCUE sees both fans though.

When I switched the RGB connectors from the fan to the splitter coming off the water block, then the fan that's not lighting up is switched. So the fan RGB itself isn't the problem. Something is wrong with one of the connectors coming off the water block.

Question is, what can I do knowing this? Should I do a warranty claim? Could I get an RGB splitter and plug it into the working RGB lead? Is there any way to fix the non functioning RGB connection? I can't return the item since it's passed that time frame.

Any help would be appreciated. If you need any specs as far as the computer itself is concerned, I can provide it.

I just checked. All the cables are from the fans are connected. Just to be clear, I connected them to the leads coming directly off the water block. That's the way I had it in my previous system and it worked just fine. I tried switching the RGB connectors just to be sure and it still switches which one lights up and which one doesn't.

Am I SOL?

• 9 months later...