Corsair Community

680x build, compatibility check

Space Doctor

As I impatiently await delivery, I would like to make sure all should work as expected. After reading the stickys and thread I went out and grabbed a commander pro. So I hope I'm ready now.

680x with the 3 front LL fans and a 4th LL 140 to replace the rear fan.

H115 platinum with 2 ML fans connected to pump.

And a set of RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit.

My plan is to connect the 4 LL fan rgb to the lighting pro included in the case, and the 2 ML fan rgb through the pump to the usb input to the commander pro.

Then the lighting pro to rgb 1 on the compro, and the rgb strips to rgb 2

So 2 questions so far. Do I power all 6 fans from the compro, or the 2 aio fans from the pump?

And will I be able to somewhat sync the aio ML fans attached by the pump headers that sit in between the front 3 and rear LL on the lighting pro?

Edited by Space Doctor

As far as I understand what you wrote, all should work fine.

The only thing I can note is that the Lightning Node Pro (that should come with the case) is not necessary, as you have 6 RGB fans. So you can plug all the RGB fans cables into the RGB Hub (that has 6 ports) and the RPM fan cables 4 in the CoPro and 2 into the AIO’s header.

Then the cable from the RGB Hub into CoPro LED port 1.

For lightning control you won’t have any trouble, as iCue allows to sync effects through all the fans.

I don’t have the Corsair 680x and don’t know if it has enough space in the hidden part, maybe you can save space getting rid of the LNP and its cables.

Baio

That is the correct wiring and it will work. It is better to control the radiator fan speed from the Platinum’s controller vs the Commander. No matter your current software state, when connected directly to the cooler they will respond to coolant temp. They will be software controllable through iCUE as well, so no advantage to using the C-Pro for this purpose. Also, you may decide you want another pair of LL fans on the bottom and those will take the last two slots on the lighting hub and C-Pro.

The fan lighting will not go 1-2-3-ML Fans-4. The Platinum will act like a separate RGB channel. It is possible to use sequential patterns between devices using the Lighting Link presets in the software. However, exact device order may change between lighting patterns. Ultimately, if your best set-up may include two more LL on the bottom and cycling the C-Pro 6 fans from front to back it back to front through there. You can always change sequence order by re-arranging the order on the small RGB hub. Don’t skip slots. Always start at #1 and work up. It works in series.

That is the correct wiring and it will work. It is better to control the radiator fan speed from the Platinum’s controller vs the Commander. No matter your current software state, when connected directly to the cooler they will respond to coolant temp. They will be software controllable through iCUE as well, so no advantage to using the C-Pro for this purpose. Also, you may decide you want another pair of LL fans on the bottom and those will take the last two slots on the lighting hub and C-Pro.

The fan lighting will not go 1-2-3-ML Fans-4. The Platinum will act like a separate RGB channel. It is possible to use sequential patterns between devices using the Lighting Link presets in the software. However, exact device order may change between lighting patterns. Ultimately, if your best set-up may include two more LL on the bottom and cycling the C-Pro 6 fans from front to back it back to front through there. You can always change sequence order by re-arranging the order on the small RGB hub. Don’t skip slots. Always start at #1 and work up. It works in series.

Sorry, my mistake... I don't have this AIO and thought it was sold with RGB fans...

Baio

No, you were correct and the Platinum does come with ML-RGB fans. While you can plug them into the series on the same the RGB lighting hub as the LLs, it will make a mess of a lot of things. You can only designate one fan type per lighting hub and the effects work on a per fan basis or LED/fan count. In this case, the first 3 LL fans would light up as expected, then the next two 4 LED ML fans will act like half of an LL fan. Then the last LL will be showing the center hub animation on the ring and the ring part on the center hub. For solid or non-moving effects it works OK, but since all the cool LL stuff is center hub related, it would be disappointing to loose that by combining them. Some fan types or fan numbers work better. You might be able to combine HD and LL by cutting out center hub lighting or sequencing the HD at the end. I have used ML and LL, but specifically 4 ML in sequence which then act like 1 LL fan. Most people first starting off may want to avoid that so they get the full effects.

The rest of it was if you could alter the sequence to tell it "1-2-3 first, then top 2 ML, then rear LL". Unfortunately the answer is no you can't. You have to physically set it up in the order you want and you can't re-position devices in the chain. You won't be able to put the Platinum series effects before or after the C-Pro fans as you like. It will be one way or another based on the specific effect.