Corsair Community

Module errors

Over a year ago I purchased a matched pair of Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT. For a while I've been getting errors in quite a few games but blamed the games themselves. Recently however I've been suffering from a lot of crashes and "Memory could not be read/written" errors so following advice from one of the game FAQ's ran Memtest.

Memtest found roughly 3000 errors on one of the modules while the other one is clear. Both modules were tested separately (same memory slot though) and the errors occured on test 6 mainly. Every pass this error number increases and at one stage I scored an astronomical 29000 errors. At this point I realised that blaming the software might have been a mistake.

Current system is a Gigabyte GA-SINXP1394 (aka GA-8SQ800 Ultra 2) with a 2.53Ghz P4 and a Sapphire Radeon 9700 Pro.

Motherboard is running optimised settings. FSB is at 133Mhz, memory runs at DDR400 in Dual Channel mode and has been tested out of Dual Channel and still suffers from the same problem.

Any advice at this point would be very welcome.

Motherboard only allows DRAM Voltage Control to be set to Normal or +0.1V so this was used instead of +0.2V.

New test results:

Module 1 (Previously determined to be working at DDR400 with Normal voltage setting)

@DDR333 with +0.1V: No errors

@DRR400 with +0.1V: No errors

Module 2 (The one with the errors)

@DDR400 with +0.1V: Errors - number unknown (Didn't let this test run long. Errors began on Pass 2)

Using both modules in Dual Channel config

@DDR400 with +0.1V: Large number of errors (1000+ after 2 Passes)

And I'm a Fraggle :)

Basically, yes.

If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266.

If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133/166 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333

If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400

Fraggle Rock [TV-Series 1983-1987]

Plot Summary for "Fraggle Rock" (1983)

Doc and his dog Sprocket have a hole in their wall, behind which live little furry creatures known as Fraggles in a place called Fraggle Rock. The Rock is also home to the Doozers (who are knee-high to a Fraggle) and the Gorgs (who are giants that think they rule the Rock). One gang of Fraggles (Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, and Red), under the guidance of the all-knowing Trash Heap (Marjorie), learn about each other and their neighbors and eventually befriend the Doozers, the Gorgs--and even Doc and Sprocket. Meanwhile, Gobo's Uncle Matt explores Outer Space (our world) and sends postcards to his nephew about the Silly Creatures (that's us).

You'll probably find more at the official Muppets site (can't access from work :mad: ): Muppets.com

Think Sesame Street / Teletubbies on a continual acid trip :)

Archived