Corsair Community

Need RMA

Try

CAS Latency: 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2 (or 3)

Row Precharge (tRP): 2

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5

memory voltage: 2.8 volts

I can't say that I've tried those exact settings, but I scoured forums all over the internet trying many, many different recommended settings. I put the ram in another machine, and it would crash about once a day. Running Memtest, there were several errors. Maybe I'm not understanding why I should continue trying different settings, but why would memtest come up with errors if the memory wasn't defective?

Did you set the memory Voltage to 2.8 Volts? And have you tested the modules one at a time?

yes I have tried the modules one at a time, although I haven't tried running memtest with only a single stick in.

Also, I can't confirm that I set the voltage at 2.8 when I ran memtest.

Thanks to you both for your explanations. I'll try those settings and run memtest on the sticks one at a time. Will post my results here, good or bad.

Please do let us know, and I have no problem replacing your modules, if needed, but with what you have posted it may be just the settings.

Ok, I've run memtest each of the modules (one at a time) with the settings you provided. No errors were found. I've also tried running the two sticks in single channel mode (slots 3 + 4), and that did work.

I've tried running these sticks and the LL version of these sticks and neither of them worked in dual channel mode.

Does it sound like I need to RMA the board at this point, or are there other settings I should try?

Archived