Corsair Community

Keyboard lighting profiles break when Windows wakes up

Saucey

I've been having this issue lately since I've updated iCUE and nothing seems to fix it completely. If I want my lighting profiles to work normally again I have to quit the program, which un-breaks my lighting profiles instantly, then when I launch the program again it loads everything fine. Once I leave my computer alone for a while and it puts things to sleep, I move my mouse and my keyboard lighting just breaks. It does this after a clean boot too, it appears like it will work fine once the software loads and then it breaks. Thus making me have to reboot the software to fix it. I have tried doing a fresh install, using programs to fully uninstall and remove any and all files iCUE leaves behind before installing again. Still nothing fixes this problem. I want to say it has something to do with the latest update. I didn't have this issue a version or two ago.

Can you describe what exactly happens when it "breaks"? Lighting frozen in current pattern? Frozen on wrong pattern? Do you have other iCUE devices besides KB/mouse and are they also affected?

Here is a video link showing what exactly it does when it breaks.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPj-dl12ISVrMPLKyIgMPPu3NamFqtX_yRPiwuaLV6TMooh-I-8kHjO-t6h0XxkFg?key=Tkh0MGxoLVF2Vkdqa3pQT2VvQkNxVnpnTk1nalFB

I do not have any other iCUE devices. Once I close the program, my keyboard is back to normal and then I start up the program again to load the custom lighting profiles. Since the program is closed, it only shows a solid color for each of my profiles until I launch the program to load the effects for each.

Edited by Saucey

Interesting. So it looks like it locked up on a custom lighting pattern. With iCUE running, it should move to the next software profile on your list. If you have no other software profiles, then that would be normal behavior.

Did you save solid colors to the HW profiles? If not, that is another glitch.

How often does this happen? If you disconnect/reconnect the keyboard USB from the PC, does it solve the issue?

Interesting. So it looks like it locked up on a custom lighting pattern. With iCUE running, it should move to the next software profile on your list. If you have no other software profiles, then that would be normal behavior.

Did you save solid colors to the HW profiles? If not, that is another glitch.

How often does this happen? If you disconnect/reconnect the keyboard USB from the PC, does it solve the issue?

I have a profile on each M key and I use the option to "save static lighting and performance to M#". Each of my profiles have lighting effects so they are not just a solid color unless the software isn't running. This happens every moment I start up my system or wake the system from sleep.

What I did just notice when I opened the software and selected the lighting effects tab for one of my profiles it said this. So something in some form is taking over my keyboards lighting effects. I don't have anything running game-wise that would have any option to do this. It says to enable SDK but it was already enabled. Once I clicked SDK off the keyboard effects started working again. I checked it back on and it is still functioning fine. I am not sure if this option should be on or off, if it should be off I don't know how it got turned on. Not to mention I am not sure what program is hijacking my keyboards lighting effects.

EDIT: I was looking a bit longer at that image and noticed what color my keyboard lighting is. It's blue and white. Which is the color of my animated wallpaper from wallpaper engine. I opened up the settings for that application and looked at plugins and there it was, in all its glory, the problem. I am not sure how this got enabled because it never did this in the many years that I've used this program. Strange.

Edited by Saucey

Yeah I make sure to turn off those options in games when I see them. I will just disable SDK for now then unless I find a need for it. I wonder if it was an update from wallpaper engine that auto enabled that plugin. I know I never enabled it to begin with.