Corsair Community

Noob problem deleted a K70 hardware profile

Dalork

Hi all,

just got my new K70 LP and Dark Core SE and was trying to work out profiles and I deleted one of the standard on keyboard memory profiles that was pre-set.

I wanted to save my own custom to one of the memory slots on the keyboard, but I can't seem to work it out sadly. I can do soft profiles no issue, no idea how to recover the profile I deleted off keyboards memory or how to add one as there's no save to device option I can find anywhere.

So I now only have 2 saved profiles on the board itself, the others are soft and need icue in windows running etc. Can anyone help me please or point me in a good direction for an idot to such as myself to learn how to do this?

Use the + to create a new software profile. In the center section section above the program link fields, there will be a selector for software or hardware profile. Change it to hardware. You may want to rename it to K70 RGB MK.2 LP HW 1/2/3 or which ever one is missing.

Ahhh, found it right when first making thee profile. Thank you, seems it won't allow the type of custom I wanted, static and moving colours. Only allows 1 action.

But I know how to make hardware profiles now, many thanks.

Only 1 preset lighting scheme. However, you may be able to get what you want by using a static color base and then layering a wave on top of it. For example, a white static, then a wave with R-Y-G-Cy-B-Mag dots across the color box. Lengthen the wave time and the wave tail.

What I was trying is deep blue with rainbow visor swishing across back and forth. Basically I have a soft profile I like and was trying to save it as hard. But there's different lights and things for the mouse.

I think maybe it can be done but I need to learn more about doing custom schemes. No idea how though, I'll learn or give up. Having enough issues just getting the mouse/keyboard and computer working with each other. Very nice when they do play together well.

Ok, yes you can do it just takes more custom layering each cover etc. Finally it's not that bad after all, just takes some creativity now and I'll be rocking.

I was trying to do it just using layered preset effects and you can only use that single preset. Told you I'm slow lol, really thankful for knowing how to save hardware profile too, was doing my head in.

It takes some time to learn the programming rules and for most people this is done little bits at time. The hardware and software profiles have different rules because the little chip in the KB/Mouse can't match what the CPU and full OS can handle. There are also memory storage constraints. The HW profiles were created to force you to follow the stricter rule set and it will warn and prevent you from breaking them. The mouse and keyboard will each have their own HW profiles and of course those settings only save to that specific device. You can add lighting to a HW profile for another device (like turning your keyboard white in a mouse HW profile), but that won't save and its only real purpose it to let you see the keys when messing with the mouse HW profile while in CUE.

CUE 3 uses a top down hierarchy. Whatever layer is on top covers the ones below. Some effects are "solid" and cover everything. Others have dark space in them and allow the lower layer to shine through. So for your example, you want the dark blue static on the bottom. Then make create either a wave or ripple, adding the rainbow color dots from red to magenta across the top. The lighting timing at the bottom will give you the total time between waves. The speed and tail boxes will give you movement speed and the length. Those need to be very different based on direction and device. You'll need to experiment to see what you like.