Corsair Community

Fan interference

sygnus21

Hi,

I’ve an issue where my 200mm front fans no longer display any wave (rainbow) patterns after installing Corsair’s Commander Pro, fan node, and replacing a Corsair RGB fan. To see what I mean by "wave" (rainbow) check this video clip

[ame]

[/ame] Note the fan pattern. And the reason I use the word "wave" is because that's what it's called in the Fusion 2.0 software.

Setup - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme MB and using their RGB Fusion 2.0 software to control the board’s RGB lighting plus any compatible RGB fans connected to its LED headers. However; I also have Corsair’s H115i PRO (with RGB pump) AIO cooler and a 32gig RGB Dominator Platinum kit so I use iCUE.

The rest of the system an Intel i9-9900K CPU, Radeon VII GPU. Windows 10 Pro x64 (latest 1909 build) on a 512gig Samsung NVMe SSD drive. My Build with images posted here and here.

The case is a Cooler Master H500M with two front 200mm RGB fans. The fans are directly connected to the motherboard via LED cables to 3-pin LED headers; 3-pin power cables to the board’s fan headers.

The issue – "prior" to installing the Commander Pro, light node, replacing a ML 140 Red with ML 140 RGB fan, and still having iCUE installed, I could get a rainbow pattern on the 200mm fans using Fusion 2.0 no problem.

"After" installing said items, I no longer get a wave (rainbow) pattern on the 200mm RGB fans using Fusion 2.0 (or iCUE). Selecting Wave 1 or Wave 2 in the Fusion software turns the LED lights off. I still get static patterns Static, Blinking, and Color Cycle. And BTW, I can get a rainbow pattern on the Corsair 140mm fan via iCUE, but that's not the issue.

My thoughts – I think either the light node or Commander Pro is somehow interfering with either the Fusion 2.0 software or board’s LED headers ability to run a rainbow wave pattern on the 200mm fans.

And no… I’m not trying to get iCUE to control the case’s 200mm fans. I’m trying to figure out why said newly installed items appear to be interfering with the 200mm fan’s RGB lighting?

Edited by sygnus21

If you remove the Commander Pro, does this option come back in Fusion?

TBH - my own experience with Fusion is that it is, by a pretty wide margin, the worst of the motherboard RGB. It has all kinds of issues. Now, this may or may not be a conflict with iCUE ... but any software that requires a "watcher" companion app to restart it when it crashes doesn't really engender confidence. And Fusion has just such an app. It's a shame, really - the Gigabyte hardware is top-notch. But their software is atrocious.

If you remove the Commander Pro, does this option come back in Fusion?

TBH - my own experience with Fusion is that it is, by a pretty wide margin, the worst of the motherboard RGB. It has all kinds of issues. Now, this may or may not be a conflict with iCUE ... but any software that requires a "watcher" companion app to restart it when it crashes doesn't really engender confidence. And Fusion has just such an app. It's a shame, really - the Gigabyte hardware is top-notch. But their software is atrocious.

"the worst of the motherboard RGB" - I'll take the comment with a grain of salt. And let's not pretend iCUE is a masterful program. It certainly has its share of complaints.

At any rate I solved the issue. I simply forgot about another setting in the Fusion software. All is good.

Peace :sunglasse

"the worst of the motherboard RGB" - I'll take the comment with a grain of salt. And let's not pretend iCUE is a masterful program. It certainly has its share of complaints.

At any rate I solved the issue. I simply forgot about another setting in the Fusion software. All is good.

Peace :sunglasse

You can take it as you will. I've used Fusion (Gigabyte), Aura (Asus), Mystic Light (MSI) and RGB Sync (AsRock). In fact, I went Asus rather than Gigabyte for my TRX40 partially because of the issues with their software (on my x399). IMHO, iCUE, even with its issues, is far better than any of them. And of them, Gigabyte is the only one that has an app to keep it alive (restarting it when it hangs/crashes). Because it actually needs it.

But .. glad that you got it worked out.

I did take it as stated since fusion works for my needs - mainly static colors. Not a huge fan of all the RGB stuff. I was just curious to see if I could get the two systems (Fusion & iCUE). I can't so now I know. Was also curious about the Corsair lighting system and what's required. Again, now I know.

With that, I'll stick to my preferred static color theme as both system agree there :)

As a side note I do love the Corsair ML fans. I'm also a huge fan of the Dominator Platinum RAM modules, and have a set of these CMT32GX4M4K3600C16, though I honestly would have preferred the non-RGB version but they aren't available in those specs, so...

Thanks.