Corsair Community

Ironclaw RGB Wireless Broken wheel

Yes, I'd grasped that from previous entries in the thread, I mis-worded my post I guess.

What I'm trying to understand is if it's a PITA to RMA: do you have to pay for insured postage etc, how fast is the turnaround, do you have to argue your case, that sort of thing...

Basically does the potential faffing about with a RMA outweigh the fact the design of the mouse was almost exactly what I was looking for?

On a side note, I already don't like the mouse wheel click. It's way too stiff. Enough to disturb my careful aim when trying to lob a grenade in Battlefield.

Perhaps that stiffness is part of the reason it fails so often as it needs that much more force applied to register the click.

On another side note, how unintuitive is the iCue software??? I had to re-install it for the mouse. Argghh.

1) The RMA process is straight forward. You file a submission on their Support Page, and include a description of the problem, and a copy of the invoice and pic of the serial number. Then after awaiting the unforeseen waiting period (I am still waiting) they either ask for more info, or give you a RMA number, and return info. With Corsair, you pay for shipping to them.

2) iCUE has a bit of a learning curve, but once you understand the author's mindset, you can figure things out. It's like learning Corel software.

3) This downtime forced me to go back to my Dark Core, and now I remember why I bought the Ironclaw. The butt of the Dark Core doesn't fit my hand well, it's too short, plus my thumb doesn't rest where it should be to easily use the Forward button. So I decided to treat myself to a Logitech G903 Hero while I await RMA. Took a day to get hand adjusted to new ergonomics.

• 2 weeks later...
Corsair ironclaw wireless rgb steel mouse axis. livetime

fa55e6ced16c0c9bmed.jpg

I'm just waiting on delivery of my 4th Ironclaw. It's disappointing but as I have all the other corsair kit I sort of have no choice, plus when working it is just perfect for me.

Spookily I am just repairing my 3rd one with exactly the same mod a 1.5mm hex bit, cut to length and drilled the wheel to fit.

• Confused 1

I'm just waiting on delivery of my 4th Ironclaw. It's disappointing but as I have all the other corsair kit I sort of have no choice, plus when working it is just perfect for me.

Spookily I am just repairing my 3rd one with exactly the same mod a 1.5mm hex bit, cut to length and drilled the wheel to fit.

Nice, if/when my replacement breaks I'll consider doing the same

That mouse is a f*cking joke.... just like the software

Why are they even selling these mouses when the scrollwheel obviously needs is *****. Mine broke 2 times already. Even the icue software is just so idiotic with the weirdest mouse driver system i have seen. And they charge 60 dollars for this crap. Better off buying a 5 euro mouse.

After some raging, I've finally found a possible solution though.

Atleast for me, the problem lies in the button that the scroll wheel presses and not the wheel. I found gets more prone to get stuck in a pressed position, which results in the scrollwheel not completely reaching the pressed-position of the button. To fix it, remove the cover and the the part that covers the internals with a T6 torx-screwdriver. Then first spray air around the button, which is under the scrollwheelshaft (on the right of the scrollwheel), with compressedair to remove potential dust. Then with a small plier grab the button from the side and pull it up with great force.

Put the mouse back together and the scrollwheel will work again, even when pressing slightly. I don't know yet how long this fix will work, since I have figured it out only yesterday. Sry for bad english i am from afriac.

Edited by slibbawibba420

• 1 month later...

I just sent my second Ironclaw with the same issue back to the shop where I purchased it. The wheel broke in the same way, and after about the same amount of time - around 4 months. That was without any excessive gaming use (mostly work).

The Ironclaw is the first mouse I found that is really comfortable for me, but after 2 units with the same issue, I don't think I can trust Corsair mice again. I have a Corsair keyboard & headset, but I think as soon as the return is credited to my account, I will be buying a different mouse.

Have a quick update for all of you. We've been evaluating the experience that you have provided and units that have been sent in for RMA for what can cause this behavior. We'll provide more details once finalized, and any steps for you to take.

This is good since I am already on 2 RMAs for this specific problem and 1 RMA for another problem.

So last night I was scrolling down a website with the scroll wheel and suddenly it sort of lost traction, I guess? It feels like it got loose and now I am unable to scroll down at all. Lost every bit of traction it used to have.

This is after it recently started to double click, both in wired and wireless mode.

I bought the mouse in June...

Corsair's quality has really gone downhill. I've had issues with every product I've purchased from them (see my post history for more details).

Thankfully Amazon agreed to ship a replacement after I told them about my terrible experience with previous RMAs through Corsair. Hopefully this replacement will work long enough for the Logitech mouse I want to come back in stock.

I also bought the mouse in November like someone said here, and I just got the same issue. I was just scrolling a page and suddenly it stopped working.

lucky me, I for some reason decided to take that amazon 2y insurance for 7 quid. Looks like it will be handy, given the amount of ppl having the same issue with this model.

Hi, mines broke whilst gaming (Arma 3) the scroll well just spins freely. clicking it still works. looks from this post that a lot of people are on their 2nd or 3rd mouses which doesn't give me much hope. I also had the K70 keyboard issue where keys would just randomly repeat. What is going on Corsair?

Hi, mines broke whilst gaming (Arma 3) the scroll well just spins freely. clicking it still works. looks from this post that a lot of people are on their 2nd or 3rd mouses which doesn't give me much hope. I also had the K70 keyboard issue where keys would just randomly repeat. What is going on Corsair?

I just had exactly the same happen to me, one moment the mouse is fine then next the wheel goes 'limp' and doesnt work any more (click works, but rotation doesnt). I have a lot of corsair kit as have had good performance and logevity out of them in the past. However having just had to RMA my AIO cooler for pump failure, having throuble with the keyboard (random disconnect and then large repeating charaters when it reconnects) and now the mouse wheel issue.....I have really lost faith.

RMA'ing the cooler meant shipping it to Corsair at my expense and now I need to RMA my mouse as well :(:

• 3 weeks later...
RMA'ing the cooler meant shipping it to Corsair at my expense and now I need to RMA my mouse as well :(:

It's kind of heinous that Corsair charges you to ship their faulty hardware back to them. I don't know how they can justify it.

I did this only one time. For the subsequent RMA's I told Corsair I would not be paying return shipping, and they said they would provide a pre-paid label. Make sure you do this, too.

Same here, it's a refurb from scan, just emailed them, fingers crossed they'll sort a replacement :(: Edit ... got the K70 rgb keyboard and really like the match

Edited by monkeysout

My wheel just started spinning freely (not registering scroll, but middle click works) ~1 hour ago. Bought the Ironclaw RGB Wireless on September 1st 2020 (Amazon UK). Hope it helps Corsair track the failed batches.

RMA has been submitted.

Talk about timing...

Mine just failed around 1hour ago as well, EXACTLY the same issue... bought last November on Amazon's UK Black Friday...

Opened the ticket with Corsair's Support already

• Corsair Employee
Same here, it's a refurb from scan, just emailed them, fingers crossed they'll sort a replacement :(: Edit ... got the K70 rgb keyboard and really like the match

My wheel just started spinning freely (not registering scroll, but middle click works) ~1 hour ago. Bought the Ironclaw RGB Wireless on September 1st 2020 (Amazon UK). Hope it helps Corsair track the failed batches.

RMA has been submitted.

Talk about timing...

Mine just failed around 1hour ago as well, EXACTLY the same issue... bought last November on Amazon's UK Black Friday...

Opened the ticket with Corsair's Support already

That is unfortunate to see all three of you had failures, but you have already started the RMA process to get a replacement, which should be done shortly. If you still have the mouse, can you provide me with the serial numbers on the bottom of the mouse or off the box if you still have it. Should be 16 digits long.

That is unfortunate to see all three of you had failures, but you have already started the RMA process to get a replacement, which should be done shortly. If you still have the mouse, can you provide me with the serial numbers on the bottom of the mouse or off the box if you still have it. Should be 16 digits long.

I've shipped mine yesterday to the address provided on the label but if it somehow helps I've just PM'ed you with the details for my mouse.

Appreciate your attention, mate

Thanks for the PM. We should be able to get this processed for you promptly. Hopefully the other can send their info as well.

My second one just broke after only weeks. It's clear these have serious design flaw that a RMA cannot fix. Getting the same poorly designed scroll wheel mechanism is just going to continue the problem.

The issue here is the tiny pin of plastic on the ends of the plastic rod that goes though the wheel to press on the mouse click switches. These break very very easy.

I've seen hundreds of images from diffent people and this is only from the people who bothered to document the issue no doubt 1000s truly.

Why not change at the factory or bring out a SE version with upgraded parts like metal, like the Logitech G502 hero I just had to buy. Which has annoyed me great considering I have all Corsair icue parts. Keyboard, case, 6 LL120 RGB fans, commander pro, H150i XT RGB AIO, 4 led strips from Corsair and even the Corsair virtuoso RGB headset. And now I have to put up with having somethng that's out of place.

You only need to look at teardowns of the ironclaw wireless RGB mouse a d the Logitech G502 hero. And the build quality is miles better in the Logitech.

Come on Corsair either pull the mouse, fix in factory for all future versions. RMA people for the upgraded wheel with metal pin through the wheel. Or bring out a newer version with the upgraded parts so no future buyers have this issue.

I know the metal rod will fix it too as I've seen a few people changing the plastic rod through the wheel to a metal piece, even one guy used a nail the same size and width of the plastic and it works and has fixed and lasted long time.

Please do something more than just RMAing stuff.

Clearly from reviews, forums, Amazon, everywhere many are on their 3rd plus mouse which clearly means they love the mouse but have the same issue over and over.

Fix it please in factory change the plastic pin to metal like good quality mice.

Also I find it hard to believe Corsair are not aware of this issue it's seems to of been around for a very long time.

As you can see from images below what breaks why is obvious how tiny the plastic is. And using a metal rod can fix and it will work great for the rest of the mouse life.

Screenshot-20201102-142432.jpg

Screenshot-20201102-142854.jpg

Screenshot-20201102-143037.jpg

It's sad this seems to be a issue on many of the Corsair mice.

Below a guy fixed it with nail. Metal rod thing.

We shouldn't have to be fixing corsairs poor designs just so it works like this.

This could be resolved very easy in manufacturing while built. Or change the scroll wheel plastics to metal.

This was 5 years ago. So you've been doing this having this scroll wheel issue on many of Corsair mice for years and years.

[ame]

[/ame]

Here you go guys if you want your Corsair Ironclaw wireless mouse to function properly all we have to do is buy a 3D Printer. Lol. So several hundred pounds in total for the ironclaw

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by DelBoyJamie

• Corsair Employee
Thank you for your feedback DelBoyJamie, and to answer your question, our development teams have been working to improve the user experience with these mice. Since you recently had a failure, can you provide me with the Lot Code/Serial number from the bottom of the mouse?

Gday nick! (Same nick as on LTT?)

Just an hour ago i had the issue that my mousewheel broke and stumbled across this thread. I see you are asking for serial numbers. I will however send my copy to the store as it still falls under the 24 month warranty (awesome to be dutch in this regard).

I can't find a 16 digit number however.

p/n: CH-9317011

S/N: 014319307310

• Corsair Employee
Gday nick! (Same nick as on LTT?)

Just an hour ago i had the issue that my mousewheel broke and stumbled across this thread. I see you are asking for serial numbers. I will however send my copy to the store as it still falls under the 24 month warranty (awesome to be dutch in this regard).

I can't find a 16 digit number however.

p/n: CH-9317011

S/N: 014319307310

Yup, same one! Thank you for providing the S/N. Since you are able to replace it locally, that will be the fastest method. Shouldn't have any issues with the replacement, but if you do, let me know the same details and we'll go from there.