Corsair Community

Really annoying

sultan.of.swing

I have an annoying problem that is making me want to throw my Corsair Vengence RGB ram out the window!

I cannot for the life of me get the RAM to stay a solid color like I can with my Corsair LL Fans

The LL fans let me set a "hardware" lighting so even if the software is not installed they stay the color that I want.

The RAM on the other hand has no such option, Regardless of what color I pick(I use solid white) then either when the PC wakes up from sleep or I don't have iCue installed the ram will Flash a bunch of random colors and it's very distracting and annoying.

If I start Icue and use my profile the RAM will be white. The instant I end the LEDKeeper task in task manager the ram will go retarded and act like it's 1972 in a skating rink.

Is there any way to have this RAM stay the color I want without this software installed?

hi buddy.....

(ignore its Dominator Ram.. settings/Control is the same)

http://i.imgur.com/ww6BpFBh.png

in iCUE.... in Settings... in the Ram Settings tab.. look for 'enable full software control'

i assume this is ticked?

if you untick it.. then go apply a lighting effect to the ram. this is what will show during startup/shutdown/locked/when iCUE isnt running. this would be its 'Hardware playback'

to simplify..

Full Software Control enabled = iCUE Controlled (full control inc layered effects)

Full Software Control disabled = Hardware Playback (less control and no layered effects)

Hope that helps buddy

Edited by Zotty