Corsair Community

Missing cable and lack of assistance

Casza

Hi there. I bought the 2 pack of 140MM fans and the single 120mm fan. The 2 pack comes with the Lighting Node PRO which was missing a cable. The cable I am missing is the Mini-USB to 9 pin which connects from the Lighting Node PRO to the motherboards USB 2.0 header. I have contacted Corsair Support about this to which the response literally was:

"Hi Casza,

These spares are currently out of stock; and I don't have an ETA.

Regards"

So no help from Corsair. I then contacted Amazon who offered me a partial refund of £10 so that I could buy the cable myself. This would be fine for me, only problem being that I cannot find this cable ANYWHERE. So as it stands, I now have 3 non-RGB case fans, they are louder than the fans I was using previously and I'm over £70 down in pocket. So basically I have spent £70 for louder fans.

I'm not quite sure what recourse I have for this, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated :).

You don't actually need miniUSB to 9 pin. You just need a mini USB to a single USB port, which would be 4 pins with a blank pin 5 (that's for ground of the USB port on the case).

The LNPs only need a single port; they don't use both ports. So something like this will work: https://www.amazon.com/CGTime-Female-header-motherboard-cable/dp/B01NA7O23N. You'll just need to be careful to align the pins properly.