Corsair Community

ML120 pro led white fans led brightness

clarky26

I have all the fans connected to the commander pro. When I used a atx 24 pin jumper all the fans worked and led brightness was great. When I connected the 24 pin back to the motherboard all the fan LEDs are very dim. Any help ? I checked in the settings in the icue software to increase brightness but can't find that option. Does it have to do with the voltage ?

It should not change with speed. One thing I think we should be clear about it the older ML-LED series fans are not bright when compared to current generation RGB tech. It is a soft white, but this was so much better than what came before it. The center hub should be lit at 12-3-6-9 going around. That's about it. There are not settings other than unintentionally cutting voltage to the fan.

This is a vintage shot from a few years back.

8zozrpuzepwqecb6g.jpg

Edited by c-attack

There is some camera flash adding to the light in the case. On your end, I am trying to think of a reasonable explanation for all LEDs to be dim. If a specific bulb was defective, then the relevant N-E-S-W compass point on the hub would be dark. If the entire fan had an issue on power delivery, that would be 1 fans, but not all. The only thing that could do this is to cut power to all fans and I don't see how that's possible if your are running in PWM mode. I suppose a quick check is to set fan speed manually to 100% and see if brightness increases.

If you like white, ML LED are still my favorite. The clear blades have a clean look to it. When you move into the ML-RGB and do white, the grey blade scatters more light, but I don't like it as much. I suppose all of this is subjective. All clear blade fans will let light pass through rather than focus or scatter it. They will make it look "less bright" compared directly to another type.

The part that I keep coming back to it is "it looked bright when I was on the 24 pin jumper" vs normal operation. That is why I keep looking for a setting, but there really aren't any besides loss of 12v supply -- either through fan control or some type of system problem. Is the Commander Pro powered directly from a SATA line going to back to the PSU? Or did you use some type of converter, extension, or are there several other HDDs on that SATA line that might suck some power away from the C-Pro?