Corsair Community

Bad RAM module

Hello,

I used memtest on my pc after expiriencing many problems and one of the modules tested bad with numerous errors beggining on the 1st pass. Part Number VS512MB333. It's Corsair Value Select, I need to request an RMA, please assist me in this matter.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

MB is MSI K8T800 Neo2-F, No performance settings, CPU AMD64 3000 FSB is set to 200 MHZ and the settings for CPU and MEM are set to automatic, I haven't done any type of performance settings in the Bios in this area, the only thing I have changed in BIOS are boot sequences. I am actually using 2 512 chips setup on the dual channel configuration as specified by MSI, starting having errors in Windows XP and pc starting crashing and such, so I ran a full diagnostic and came up with bad RAM, I switched the chips around to find out if both were damaged or just one, and it was just one of them.

• Corsair Employees
Please try and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 volts and test the suspect module, and if you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived