Corsair Community

Corrupted .cab files

Lately I've been receiving error messages while i've been installing programs. it says something like corrupted .cab file. please clean cd. anyway after what seems an endless ammount or trouble shooting including cleaning the cd, swapping cd drive, motherboard, harddrive, many different programs and drivers, checking the IDE cables etc, I tried swapping the memmory (Corsair value select vs512mb400) w/ a friends and the problem is gone. so i'm wondering if this is a wrong setting or do I have bad memmory?

thanks

specs:

Windows XP

Asus K8V Deluxe SE

ATI 9800 Pro

Corsair value select VS512MB400

AMD 64 3200+

• Corsair Employees

Please put the memory modules on either slots 1&3 or 2&3 (if you have two); make sure that you have the latest BIOS installed for your MB; load optimized/set up default, and set the following BIOS settings;

VS1GBKIT400 or VS512MB400

Advanced CPU/Memory Configuration:

Memclock Mode: Limit

Memclock Value: 2:1 (DDR400)

Bank Interleaving: 4/Enabled

Burst Length: 8

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

2T Command Rate: Enabled

Advanced CPU/Hypertransport

Hypertransport: 4X

Jumper Free/Frequency Voltage Control:

AI Overclock Tuner: Manual

CPU FSB Clock: 200

DDR Voltage: 2.7 Volts

All other settings should be set to default settings!Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let's make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Ok, I set up the bios and ran Memtest for each ram, in the last post i forgot to mention that it's a set of two, and got alot of errors on both. (a grand total of about 5500) Does this mean that I have bad memmory?

• Corsair Employees
Please verify if you have the latest BIOS and if you have change the voltage setting for the memory module; if not do so, otherwise then it maybe a bad memory module. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived