Corsair Community

Low humming noise from h100i RGB SE

Creaze

Hi all,

I've recently put together my entire build and I have my radiator positioned at the top of my case with the fans pushing air out of the case. When powered on and in an upright position I hear a low humming noise coming from the pump/coolant lines, almost like there are tiny micro air bubbles trapped inside or something. Prior to this I tested all of my components outside of the case where the motherboard was laying flat on the motherboard box. When I turned it on I noticed no noise from the pump, it was virtually silent. I remembered this when I had my tower upright so I decided to lay the case flat on the table and found that the noise slowly disappeared the closer the pump got to a horizontal position. Any thoughts or comments on a similar experience and what I can do to resolve it? I'm hoping I don't have to return it because I just put it all together. Also note that in the bios, I noticed that cpu temperatures were totally fine, idling around 30 degrees Celsius. Thanks for any help!

You are trying to get the inlet/outlet tubes above the CPU block so the bubbles float up and out of the pump. For most installations, that means lifting the front of the case and so measure of tilting it backwards. Despite others posts out there, its not something that should 24 hours, days, weeks, etc. The bubbles are able to float up or they are not. If not, change the angle again. It is a bit of a manipulative puzzle. You'll know it's right when the sound stops at a specific position.

Air bubbles are relatively common when first installing, but its not something that typically comes back once alleviated.

I'm sorry I don't quite understand what you're saying. Are you saying that I should tilt my case backwards so all of the liquid flows to the coolant lines? are you also saying that once I get the air bubbles out it will cease to be a problem??