Jump to content
Corsair Community

k83 bricked fob


intender
 Share

Recommended Posts

Recently got a corsair k83 for Christmas, but just had a chance to open it up and hook it up to my htpc today. When I took it out of the box and hooked it up to the pc it worked perfectly. I used it for maybe 20 minutes over wireless with the included dongle while downloading icue and browsing. icue finished and I installed it (3.24.52) and the keyboard instantly stopped working as soon as icue installed. I did not initiate any firmware updates or change anything, and assumed I just needed to restart the computer. After a restart still nothing. Hooked up another keyboard and I went into icue where it showed the wireless dongle with a warning triangle and status was not connected. I tried to initiate the pairing process and pressed fn and f5 until the light started blinking but it just went on for about 5 minutes and says pairing failed. At that point I pulled out the included usb cable and connected the keyboard which showed up in icue and it started working and also gave me a message that a firmware update was available. I tried to start the firmware update, but it says that I need to put the keyboard in 2.4ghz mode before I plug up the cable, which I can't do since it wont pair. It showed updating in the bottom corner of the app, but never progressed beyond 0% and the instructions to put it in wireless mode and connect the cable never went away. I stopped it after about 25 minutes.

 

At this point I have tried it on 3 different PC's and a mac and all of them do the exact same thing. I have tried usb 2.0 ports, usb 3.0 ports, usb 3.1, usb c with an adapter. All give no 2.4ghz connection, and cant attempt to update the firmware since I cant pair them over wireless. I tried booting into safe mode in windows and that didn't change anything. Only strange thing I have noticed is that the keyboard firmware is on 3.24 and the fob firmware is on 3.13. also for some reason everytime I unplug the the fob or the keyboard icue adds a (1) to the name in device settings even if I plug it back into the same usb port.

 

At this point the only thing I can think of is to do a forced firmware image update on them and see if it can fix it, but I don't have the files to try. really hoping to get this fixed since my inlaws bought it for me and I think they bought it before amazon extended the holiday return period so I would probably have to RMA this to get it fixed otherwise. Was really excited to get this thing going and get rid of the horrible logitech k400r I use with my htpc that is possibly the worst keyboard on earth and for some reason I own 2 of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just wanted to report that I uninstalled icue and installed an older version that I had previously downloaded and was able to pair the devices and get the firmware updated on both. Everything is working as expected. I moved them back over to my htpc where this started with the latest version of icue and it still works.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...